Fit.kiwi.com is one of the projects that just happened. Few running enthusiasts sat down and got thrilled by an idea to organise a company wide sports challenge.
Fit.kiwi.com is one of the projects that just happened. Few running enthusiasts sat down and got thrilled by an idea to organise a company wide sports challenge. During that rushy Thursday afternoon I was passing a meeting room where four people vividly discussed some topic while constantly walking around a table placed in the middle of that room, clutching cellphones in their hands. I’ve witnessed many creative approaches towards meeting organisation here, however this one made me wonder.
Later then, the launch of fit.kiwi.com was announced – a company wide challenge where individuals and teams can compete by collecting points for miles walked, run and cycled. Since that time, several things changed.
- The stairs suddenly became much busier than elevators
- It became impossible to go for a run without meeting a Kiwi (Brno is a quite small city at the end)
- Number of evening beer invitations dropped down significantly
- The social media were full of boasting pics of sports trackers
- “Let’s go for a run” became the most popular late night idea
- Our receptionist/free time marathon runner had to turn down few very generous offers to join other competing teams
The result? See for yourself in the following infographic. We’re publishing this as a tribute to all those, who discovered their sports potential, hit their first 10, 20 or 30k or just realized that they can go further with the right motivation.