We are looking for an experienced Android Tech Lead to participate in the development of Kiwi.com mobile app which has the ambition to become the best travel mobile app in the world. Want to join us and help out? Read on!
What will you do?
- Keep eyes on emerging new technologies and tools that may be next industry standards for Android or mobile development in general
- Propose what technologies and tools should be adopted into Android application development stack
- Explain benefits and caveats of different technologies and tools used in the Android application development stack
- Help with adoption of new technologies and tools, preparing PoCs
- Support developers’ experience with different tools and concepts
- Prepare plan of refactoring
- Propose what technologies and concepts should be used for quality assurance and control
- Propose what parts of development should be automated
- Educate mobile developers in all aspects in general
- Design & develop mobile-specific features like GCM messages, notifications, geofencing, deeplinks, etc.
What we expect?
- At least 5 years of experience with Android platform, 7+ years experience in software development in general
- Experience with architectural and design patterns
- Experience with different UI toolkits and deep understanding of their concepts
- Experience with and deep understanding of different multi-process, multi-threading and asynchronicity patterns and paradigms
- Experience with multiple imperative, functional and declarative programming languages
- Real-world experience with TDD, BDD, unit, UI, integration testing
- Experience with Google Play Services, GCM messaging, notifications, geofencing, deeplinks
Why it rocks to be at Kiwi.com?
- We deploy immediately after a job is completed, not after months of QA
- Do, fail, learn – repeat! We understand that mistakes happen and we learn fast
- We decide which cutting-edge technologies are appropriate for the task
- We love contributing to and using Open Source
- We visit and speak at conferences and technology events worldwide
- We code at hackathons and other competitions
- We support the local technology community
- We use our work time wisely with a friendly vacation policy and work schedule
- We also like to party and hang out together
- We work, play, relax, work out and even nap in our offices (complete with sauna, gym, masseur, sleeping spots, canteen, chillout zones, free refreshments, etc)
- Dogs, kids and parties are welcome in our offices
- We also enjoy common benefits, such as sick days, VIP Medical Care, flight vouchers, multisport card, etc.
- Besides a fair salary, you can also look forward to quarterly bonuses dependent on overall company performance
Interested? Join us and hack the traditional ways of travel!
Your manager to be