Are you interested in backend development and would you like to further develop gained skills and have fun along the way? In that case, read on as Kiwi.com is looking for a backend developer to join our core C++/Go team! We run distributed computations on massive computational clusters, we operate and develop our own 30TB in-memory database and design Kiwi’s computational core.
- Kiwi’s core search engine development
- Building next-generation public transportation service
- There are many areas in which you can participate:
- High-performance computing and low-level micro-optimization
- Implementation of distributed databases and distributed systems in general (One of our products is 30TB in-memory database)
- Implementation of complex asynchronous systems
- Algorithmic research and prototyping etc. (Graph algorithms, Travelling salesman problem, efficient data structures)
- Knowledge of either C++ (in C++11 standard and higher) or Golang
- English at an intermediate level
- Team player with relaxed, non-conflict nature
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Python (optimally 3.5)
- Profound theoretical IT background – experience with designing efficient algorithms and data structures
- Knowledge of various implementation recipes for concurrency/parallelization and when to use them
- Experience with Gitlab CI and also Gitlab in general
- Python 3.6
- Golang 1.12
- Git, CI, Docker
- Unit tests, clean code
- Google cloud, AWS, Kubernetes, bare metal
Why it rocks to be at Kiwi.com:
- We deploy immediately after a job is completed, not after months of QA.
- Do, fail, learn – repeat! We understand that mistakes happen and we learn fast.
- We decide which cutting-edge technologies are appropriate for the task.
- We love contributing and using Open Source.
- We visit and speak at conferences and technological events worldwide.
- We code at hackathons and other competitions.
- We support the local technological community.
- We use our work time wisely with a friendly vacation policy and work schedule.
- We also like to party and hang out together.
- We work, play, relax, workout and even nap in our offices (canteen, chillout zones, free refreshments, etc).
- Dogs, kids and parties are welcome in our offices.
- We also enjoy common benefits, such as meal vouchers, flexible benefits scheme, sick days, VIP Medical Care, flight vouchers, multisport card, etc..
- Besides a fair salary, we can also look forward to quarterly bonuses dependent on overall company performance.
Your manager to be