Are you an experienced and enthusiastic C++ Developer who would like to further develop gained skills and you also like Python? In that case, read on as Kiwi.com is looking for a developer to join our core C++ team! We run distributed computations on massive computational clusters, we operate and develop our own 30TB in-memory database and design Kiwi’s computational core.
- Kiwi’s C++ core search engine development
- Your work will be varied – you will be programming not only in C++, but also in Python (by C++, we ensure fast calculations, processing of big volumes of data, design of algorithms with max. emphasis on performance and stability; and in Python, we implement higher communication layers)
- Creation of next-generation public transportation search engine
- There are many areas in which you can participate:
- High-performance computing and low-level micro-optimization
- Implementation of distributed databases and distributed systems in general (One of our products is 25TB in-memory database)
- Implementation of complex asynchronous systems
- Algorithmic research and prototyping etc. (Graph algorithms, Travelling salesman problem, efficient data structures)
- Min. of 2 years of work experience in C++ development
- Knowledge of C++11 standard
- Good knowledge of Python (3.5 optimally)
- Knowledge of Python’s asyncio library is an advantage
- Profound theoretical IT background is an advantage (experience with design of efficient algorithms and data structures)
- At least intermediate knowledge of English
- Team player with relaxed, non-conflict nature
- Python 3.6
- Git, CI, Docker
- Unit tests
- Google cloud, AWS, bare metal
Why it rocks to be at Kiwi.com:
- We deploy immediately after a job is completed, not after months of QA.
- Do, fail, learn – repeat! We understand that mistakes happen and we learn fast.
- We decide which cutting-edge technologies are appropriate for the task.
- We love contributing and using Open Source.
- We visit and speak at conferences and technological events worldwide.
- We code at hackathons and other competitions.
- We support the local technological community.
- We use our work time wisely with a friendly vacation policy and work schedule.
- We also like to party and hang out together.
- We work, play, relax, workout and even nap in our offices (canteen, chillout zones, free refreshments, etc).
- Dogs, kids and parties are welcome in our offices.
- We also enjoy common benefits, such as meal vouchers, flexible benefits scheme, sick days, VIP Medical Care, flight vouchers, multisport card, etc..
- Besides a fair salary, we can also look forward to quarterly bonuses dependent on our performance.
Your manager to be