The main mission of the Data Platform Engineer role is to help developers to have steamless work with creating and maintaining permanent data storages by providing building blocks. The success is measured by increasing stability (measured by defined SLAs) of projects, which are using building blocks.
What will you do:
- Actively help engineering teams to get over their roadblocks
- Support the engineering teams by consulting best practices and hot to onboard them
- Provide seamless starting of new software projects, mainly by developing automated building blocks
- Transform manual work to automation
- Be aware of our current infrastructure and actively seek/test/push new technologies
- You will take care about 2560 cores db with 20TB of ram
What we expect:
- Expertise in databases: SQL databases PostgreSQL or NOSQL databases Cassandra/Scylla/DynamoDB/ElasticSearch
- Great understanding of Linux architecture.
- Understanding Cloud architectures, GCP/AWS/Azure (data storage parts)
- Be familiar with Kubernetes, Terraform and CI/CD
- Fluent English (spoken and written)
- Love for automation and passion for Cloud technologies
Why it rocks to be at Kiwi.com:
- We deploy immediately after a job is completed, not after months of QA.
- Do, fail, learn – repeat! We understand that mistakes happen and we learn fast.
- We decide which cutting-edge technologies are appropriate for the task.
- We love contributing and using Open Source.
- We visit and speak at conferences and technological events worldwide.
- We code at hackathons and other competitions.
- We support the local technological community.
- We use our work time wisely with a friendly vacation policy and work schedule.
- We also like to party and hang out together.
- We work, play, relax, workout and even nap in our offices (complete with sauna, gym, masseur, sleeping spots, canteen, chillout zones, free refreshments).
- Dogs, kids and parties are welcome in our offices.
- We also enjoy common benefits, such as meal vouchers, flexible benefits scheme, sick days, VIP Medical Care, flight vouchers, multisport card.
- Besides a fair salary, we can also look forward to quarterly bonuses dependent on overall company performance.
Your manager to be