Orbit, Kiwi.com’s design system, and its team are growing. We’re looking for a content writer to create documentation that captivates, educates, and inspires. That’s accessible and enjoyable to use day in, day out.
Our design system’s content writer will have a strategic role in defining patterns for all Kiwi.com products. You’ll work closely with designers and writers on the XD team to elevate and unify design and written content across our web, desktop and mobile experiences. You’ll be Orbit’s pioneering, dedicated content boss.
Our mission is to bring order and consistency to all of our products and processes. We already have a fully dedicated team for Orbit (2 designers, 3 developers) which collaborates with the UX and front-end teams. Orbit is in use by all of our designers and developers across Europe (Brno, Prague, Barcelona, Split, and Zagreb). Maintaining a proper feedback loop is of the utmost importance for all of us.
Writing on the daily, you’ll…
- Collaborate with our other product and content writers and localization experts throughout Kiwi.com.
- Work closely with designers to define design & interaction patterns, then document them.
- Engage in regular discussions with stakeholders who work with the design system, collecting & incorporating their feedback for documentation.
- Experiment with different forms of documentation: how-to articles, videos, image previews, dos & don’t.
- Co-ownership of company-wide newsletter discussing major changes to our design system.
- Edit and iterate texts from other team members contributing to documentation.
A little more about you…
- You are a native English speaker or have excellent written English (C1 or equivalent).
- You have at least 2 years of experience in content writing.
- You have at least 2 years of UX writing experience (microcopy, error messages, tooltips, etc.).
- You are a system thinker; you can see how all the parts are connected, and how even the smallest change can impact the entire system.
- You have good interpersonal communication (both written and verbal).
- You have some experience with writing technical documentation. If not, you’re ready to learn more (we have technical writers at Kiwi.com that can mentor you).
- Flexible work schedule
- Home office freedom
- Lots of independence in your work
- If we like a tool, and it can help us get the job done, we use it
- Educational & conference budget
- Free English classes
- Monthly Liftago (taxi) allowance
- Besides a fair salary, expect quarterly bonuses dependent on our performance
- Meal vouchers, flexible benefits scheme, sick days, flight vouchers, MultiSport card, etc.
- In-house sauna, gym, sleeping spots, bistro, chill-out zones
- Dog-friendly environment. Woof
- Bananas and lots of other FREE food
Relocation is easy
- We’ll cover the costs of your journey, door-to-door, including flight/train/bus tickets
- Shared accommodation in a flat near the Kiwi.com offices for up to two months
- Legal help in getting your work visa
- Public health insurance, access to VIP medical care, English-speaker doctors
- Partnership with Brno Expat Centre, which offers assistance to foreigners
- Multicultural office environment. You’ll feel right at home, no matter where you are from
You’ll ❤️ Brno
The Czech Republic is among the top 10 safest countries on Earth. And, while the country is known for Prague, its beautiful capital, Brno really is a perfect place to live. It provides many opportunities without being overwhelmingly busy. Size matters. It’s big enough to offer all kinds of services, but small enough so that they’re within walking or biking distance. What else does Brno have to offer?
- Tons of historical sights
- Affordable cost of living
- Many public parks, open day and night
- Unique pubs and wine bars
- Lots of great cafés, bistros, and restaurants
- Unexpected cuisine and nightlife
- Cheap, reliable, and fast public transport
- A vibrant university city with about 90,000 students
- Functionalist architecture
- Cultural atmosphere with music, performances, and festivals
- A hub of innovation; international companies supported by government incentives
Sound like you? Get in touch.
Being a part of the Orbit Design System team means solving problems. We don’t care if you’re big or small, tall or short, green or purple. It doesn’t really matter whether you’ve been solving problems in the physical or digital world. Our mindset remains the same: we research, we prototype, we test and iterate. Get in touch today.
Your manager to be