The Head of Design leads the innovation and optimization of Kiwi.com user experience across both mobile and web B2C platform, B2B platform as well as internal products. Governs and grows the Experience Design team, influences how company’s value proposition evolves, helps define our design strategy and language and plays a key role in shaping the product and brand.
Your key responsibilities:
- Lead overall design direction and drive execution of brand and product design with the team of UX/UI designers. Ensure functional and aesthetic consistency across all design work.
- Define and communicate the UX strategy
- Define, own and maintain the Experience Design team scaling plan
- Define, own and maintain the Product UX vision
- Collaborate on creation of Product goals and strategy
- Ensure establishing of a deep understanding of how Kiwi.com users/customers think, process information, and take action through qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Use the 10.000 feet view to ensure delivery of an integrated and consistent user experience all over the user journey across all devices
- Shape the customer experience and define the product through a partnership with our engineering team and c-level management
What do we expect?
- Experience or demonstrated capabilities to work as Head of User Experience within an Agile software environment
- 5+ years working in the field of UX/UI design; 2+ years leading and mentoring design teams
- Master Degree in Product/Industrial Design, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction or related field; Or equivalent professional experience as UI/UX freelance, in product companies and digital agencies
- Experience leading and delivering full life cycle design projects, from design strategy through execution
- Fluent in best practices for information architecture (IA) and interaction design (IxD), user-centred design process, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles and techniques; In depth understanding of user-centered design principles, current design and interaction trends.
- Communication and assertiveness skills (listening, explaining, confidence, challenging and supporting, giving feedback)
- Strong English skills (written and spoken, near-native proficiency)
- Online portfolio demonstrating experience producing sketches, wireframes, mock-ups, prototypes, task-flows and other design deliverables
We believe we are a fun bunch to work with and you’ll get to train in a fresh and global company, talk with people from around the world and never get bored.
- We deploy immediately after a job is completed, not after months of QA
- Do, fail, learn – repeat! We understand that mistakes happen and we learn fast
- We decide which cutting-edge technologies are appropriate for the task
- We love contributing to and using Open Source
- We visit and speak at conferences and technology events worldwide
- We code at hackathons and other competitions
- We support the local technology community
- We use our work time wisely with a friendly vacation policy and work schedule
- We also like to party and hang out together
- We work, play, relax, work out and even nap in our offices (complete with sauna, gym, masseur, sleeping spots, canteen, chillout zones, free refreshments, etc)
- Dogs, kids and parties are welcome in our offices
- We also enjoy common benefits, such as sick days, VIP Medical Care, flight vouchers, multisport card, etc.
- Besides a fair salary, you can also look forward to quarterly bonuses dependent on overall company performance
Interested? Join us and hack the traditional ways of travel!
Your manager to be