The main mission of the Infrastructure Platform Engineer role is to find and develop software solutions to increase the productivity of developers from an infrastructure point of view. This will be done mainly by creating building blocks of parts of the infrastructure, which could help developers to set up new project easily. The success is measured by increasing stability (measured by defined SLAs) of projects, which are using building blocks.
What will you do:
- Actively help engineering teams to get over their roadblocks
- Provide seamless starting of new software projects, mainly by developing automated building blocks
- Transform manual work to automation
- Be aware of our current infrastructure
- Work on small, well-defined tasks assigned by the supervisor or senior colleagues
What we expect:
- Awareness of Cloud (AWS, GCP, e.g) plus bare metal knowledge
- Awareness of how CI/CD works (Gitlab,CI/CircleCI/Spinnaker/…)
- Fluent English (spoken and written)
- Awareness of serverless technologies
Why it rocks to be at Kiwi.com:
- We deploy immediately after a job is completed, not after months of QA.
- Do, fail, learn – repeat! We understand that mistakes happen and we learn fast.
- We decide which cutting-edge technologies are appropriate for the task.
- We love contributing and using Open Source.
- We visit and speak at conferences and technological events worldwide.
- We code at hackathons and other competitions.
- We support the local technological community.
- We use our work time wisely with a friendly vacation policy and work schedule.
- We also like to party and hang out together.
- We work, play, relax, workout and even nap in our offices (complete with sauna, gym, masseur, sleeping spots, canteen, chillout zones, free refreshments, etc).
- Dogs, kids and parties are welcome in our offices.
- We also enjoy common benefits, such as meal vouchers, flexible benefits scheme, sick days, VIP Medical Care, flight vouchers, multisport card, etc..
- Besides a fair salary, we can also look forward to quarterly bonuses dependent on our performance.
Your manager to be