What is Data-acquisition Tribe about?
We code and deploy every day not work with Excel and Google sheets – no need to worry. More precisely we’re a developers tribe inside Kiwi.com in charge of building the pillars of everything that’s directly related to incoming and required data. Because of that we’ve built a specific set of characters include those that are common, however, even more of those that are unique.There are moments we can fail, but we fix things asap even in streaks of high and unexpected demand.
What are we doing?
Just because we are working with data, don’t think we use BeautifulSoup for everything – we are passionate about new technologies and we like our stack to be modern. With that mindset, we develop services and applications that are directly or indirectly related to data collection, and that are highly available, with little to no room for errors, huge space for improvements and new ideas:
- Caching correct data is much better than asking for the same data
- Bot detection and ways for minimization
- Tools for QA (eg. automation of manual tasks) and CS departments (you can imagine status change recognition before landing)
- We are even building a fortune teller service – not a joke
What can you learn here?
Cool new technologies and how to take a new service from an idea to production, including software design and testing. We can extend your knowledge with business logic from data-collecting domain by:
- Worldwide data-sources acquiring
- Bot detection workarounds
- How carriers pricing works
- The secrets behind the search for trips and their purchase
What do we expect from you?
- Experience with data-mining or connecting to external services
- Write stable, maintainable, (and well tested code – we love tests but some of our services can not be tested O:))
- Python experience – at least two years
- Comfortable with Linux
- Knowledge of Docker, CI/CD, (and AWS or GCP)
- Experience with relational databases and Redis
- Code design patterns
- Microservices best practices
- Passion for quick and deep learning – not afraid to experiment, fail, learn and eventually succeed
What we’ll consider as an asset?
- Experience with static analysis tools
- Familiarity with some of our technologies: Flask, aiohttp, AWS, PostgreSQL, coala, Datadog
Why it rocks to be at Kiwi.com?
- We deploy immediately after a job is completed, not after months of QA.
- Do, fail, learn – repeat! We understand that mistakes happen and we learn fast.
- We decide which cutting-edge technologies are appropriate for the task.
- We love contributing and using Open Source.
- We visit and speak at conferences and technological events worldwide.
- We code at hackathons and other competitions.
- We support the local technological community.
- We use our work time wisely with a friendly vacation policy and work schedule.
- We also like to party and hang out together.
- We work, play, relax, workout and even nap in our offices (complete with sauna, gym, masseur, sleeping spots, canteen, chillout zones, free refreshments, etc).
- Dogs, kids and parties are welcome in our offices (Not all together at the same time).
- We also enjoy common benefits, such as meal vouchers, flexible benefits scheme, sick days, VIP Medical Care, flight vouchers, multisport card, etc..
- Besides a fair salary, you can also look forward to quarterly bonuses dependent on the company’s performance
Your manager to be