What is Finance Tribe about?
No, don’t worry, we are not accountants, but developers. More precisely we are the developers Tribe inside Kiwi.com in charge of building the pillars of everything that is directly related to money, and because of that the services we build have a specific set or rules that might not be as mandatory in other areas. We can’t fail, even in streaks of high and unexpected demand.
What are we doing?
Do not think that because we are working with finance we will be using COBOL – we are passionate about new technologies and we like our stack to be modern, we are using Python 3.6/3.7. With that mindset we are developing services and applications that are directly related to finances, highly available and with a little to no room for errors:
- Payment gateways communication and negotiation
- Fraud detection and ways to minimize it
- Tools for claims and finance departments
- We are even building a duck robot
What can you learn here?
Cool new technologies and how to take a new service from idea to production, including software design and testing. We can extend your knowledge with business logic from finance domain by:
- Worldwide payment acquiring
- How credit cards (virtual), alternative payment methods, 3DS work
- Fraud detection
- What is behind invoicing and payment reconciliation
- Write stable, maintainable, and well tested code (trust us, it takes much longer to fix consequences than write actual tests)
- Fluent in Python
- Comfortable with Linux
- Knowledge of Docker, CI/CD, and AWS or GCP
- Experience with relational databases and Redis
- Code design patterns
- Microservices best practices
- Self, quick and deep learning – not being afraid to experiment, fail, learn and eventually succeed
What we’ll consider an asset
- Experience with static analysis tools
- Familiarity with some of our technologies: Flask, SQLAlchemy, AWS, PostgreSQL, coala, Datadog
- Awareness of serverless technologies
- Passion for ducks tests and typing
Why it rocks to be at Kiwi.com?
- We deploy immediately after a job is completed, not after months of QA.
- Do, fail, learn – repeat! We understand that mistakes happen and we learn fast.
- We decide which cutting-edge technologies are appropriate for the task.
- We love contributing and using Open Source.
- We visit and speak at conferences and technological events worldwide.
- We code at hackathons and other competitions.
- We support the local technological community.
- We use our work time wisely with a friendly vacation policy and work schedule.
- We also like to party and hang out together.
- Dogs, kids and parties are welcome in our offices.
- We also enjoy common benefits, such as flexible hours, 6 weeks of holiday, sick days, private medical insurance, flight vouchers, Andjoy and Bicing subscription, fresh fruit and coffee…
- Besides a fair salary, we can also look forward to quarterly bonuses dependent on overall company performance.
Alicia Álvarez López
Your manager to be