Network Engineer’s role is to actively support continuous enhancement of internal network technologies within Kiwi.com. Your day-to-day duties will include maintaining Brno HQ, Prague and Bratislava Offices local networks, providing support to Kiwi.com’s remote offices, troubleshooting daily issues, cooperation with suppliers, etc. You should be a valuable and proactive member of the team of professionals, who are responsible for Information Security and local IT infrastructure architecture within Kiwi.com.
What will be your responsibilities:
- Maintain High Availability of LAN and WLAN network environments based on Cisco, Fortinet, and other network technologies.
- Maintain and monitor the perimeter and other firewalls, network switches, VPNs and other network technologies.
- Maximize network performance by monitoring overall network condition, troubleshooting network problems, and outages, scheduling upgrades.
- Responsible for troubleshooting of network-related incidents, tasks and changes.
- Be able to perform decision making when it comes to picking new technologies focused on network and information security.
- Cooperate with other Kiwi.com’s teams such as Platform engineers, EUS, System Integration Team. Enterprise firewall administration.
What we expect
- 3+ years of experience in Network Administration field.
- Fluent English and Czech/Slovak to negotiate with suppliers (both written and oral).
- Able to work independently.
- Demonstrable expertise in network architecture design and troubleshooting.
- Understanding of Network Security principles.
- VoiceIP technology overview.
- Ability to develop scripts, formulate regular expressions.
- Readiness to write internal security guidelines and documentation.
- Able to communicate effectively with internal teams and external vendors.
- Experience with the performing internal or external audits focused on security aspects of networking expertise is a plus.
Things that we offer and you might love about us:
We believe we’re a fun bunch to work with, and you will get to see how a young, vibrant yet global company disrupts the travel industry. You’ll work in one of the most promising tech companies (awarded Forbes Startup of 2017, Super-brand Award 2017, Deloitte Technology Fast 50 – the fastest growing technology company in Central Europe).
- We visit and speak at conferences and technological events worldwide.
- We use our work time wisely with a friendly vacation policy and work schedule.
- We also like to party and hang out together.
- We work, play, relax, workout and even nap in our offices (complete with sauna, gym, masseur, sleeping spots, canteen, chillout zones, free refreshments, etc).
- Dogs, kids, and parties are welcome in our offices.
- We also enjoy common benefits, such as meal vouchers, flexible benefits scheme, sick days, VIP Medical Care, flight vouchers, multisport card, etc.
- Besides a fair salary, we can also look forward to quarterly bonuses dependent on overall company performance.
- We’re a great team of passionate and fun-loving people from across the globe who you’ll love working with. We look forward to you joining our team-buildings and parties!
Your manager to be