We are Kiwi.com – one of the most exciting Czech companies building a global flights directory, allowing customers to find and book the best and cheapest flights. We’re growing like crazy, expecting even more. To achieve that, we want to have a great team of motivated and fun individuals, who are not scared of a challenge or of tasks they may not have encountered before.
We’re setting up a new remote office to work with talented software engineers and product people in Lisbon! Every new office needs a founder, so if you’re reliable, able to work independently, have a lot of patience and can communicate well, read on. Apart from bragging rights for being the first Kiwi in Lisbon, you’ll be the one to build the team and to help us decide on the best place for setting up the new office. Throughout the process, you can count on the full support of our Headquarters and a neighbour office in Barcelona.
What will be your responsibilities?
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture
- Identify, prioritise and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Review and debug code
- Perform validation and verification testing
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products
- Document development phases and monitor systems
- Ensure software is up-to-date with the latest technologies
- Knowledge of multiple programming paradigms, 3rd party libs/frameworks overview and deeper understanding of at least one programming language.
- Understands difference between HTTP/1.1 and HTTP/2.
- Knowledge of HSTS, cookie hijacking, and familiar with several API paradigms.
- Able to create end-to-end tests and performance testing
- Able to configure CI/CD based on the defined flow
- Understands service mesh and Docker
- Knowledge of multiple database types sql/nosql, query optimisation and DB configuration
- Understands different databases, networking and balancing offerings
- A passion in what you are doing with your life
Why it rocks to be at Kiwi.com?
- We deploy immediately after a job is completed, not after months of QA
- Do, fail, learn – repeat! We understand that mistakes happen and we learn fast
- We decide which cutting-edge technologies are appropriate for the task
- We love contributing to and using Open Source
- We visit and speak at conferences and tech events worldwide
- We code at hackathons and other competitions
- We support the local tech community
- We use our work time wisely with a very friendly vacation policy and work schedule, unlimited HO
- Besides a fair salary, we can also look forward to quarterly bonuses dependent on our performance
Interested? Join us and hack the traditional ways of travel!
Alicia Álvarez López
Your manager to be