The Software Documentation team is an eclectic mix of Technical Writers. Even though we come from very diverse backgrounds that range from Art History to Electrical Engineering, we share a passion for making our technologies come alive in the minds of our employees.
As a Kiwi.com Technical Writer, you’ll have the opportunity to work on a broad range of content. From writing software manuals that speak to the imagination of our UX/UI designers, to plotting down the computational processes that shape our travel deals. Challenges are ready to be picked up whenever you are!
What will your responsibilities be?
You will work closely with engineering project teams, business development managers, and other stakeholders on:
- Internal and Client-facing End-User Documentation
- Code documentation
- API documentation
- High-level system diagrams
- Occasional blogging and copywriting
What are we looking for?
- Excellent English skills
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Inquisitive and tenacious, not afraid to ask questions or pursue tasks to closure.
- Ability to understand and identify systems and break them down into their components, relationships, and behaviors.
- Ability to explain complex problems in a simple manner.
- A demonstrable interest in software development.
- Experience with making visualization, such as charts, flow diagrams, or infographics.
- A track record of written works that demonstrate a well-chosen balance between clear and precise language, a well-laid-out structure, and narrative flow.
What will you learn from us?
We will offer guidance in using the tools and techniques that are key to Kiwi.com’s engineering practices:
- Working with UML, Statecharts, Network Architecture, and Entity-Relationship diagramming methodologies.
- Reading and interpreting source code.
Please provide together with your CV, three portfolio items that demonstrate your range of skills and abilities. These items may include academic papers, how-to guides, desktop procedures, blogs, fictional works, flowcharts, diagrams, or infographics.
Salary starting from 1 500 EUR gross depending on relevant experience and skills.
Your manager to be