The Software Documentation team is an eclectic mix of Technical Writers. Even though we come from very diverse backgrounds that range from Art History to Electrical Engineering, we share a passion for making our technologies come alive in the minds of our employees.
As a Kiwi.com Technical Writer, you’ll have the opportunity to work on a broad range of content. From writing software manuals that speak to the imagination of our UX/UI designers, to plotting down the computational processes that shape our travel deals. Challenges are ready to be picked up whenever you are!
What will your responsibilities be?
You will work closely with engineering project teams, business development managers, and other stakeholders on:
- Internal and Client-facing End-User Documentation
- Code documentation
- API documentation
- High-level system diagrams
- Occasional blogging and copywriting
What are we looking for?
- Excellent English skills
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Inquisitive and tenacious, not afraid to ask questions or pursue tasks to closure.
- Ability to understand and identify systems and break them down into their components, relationships, and behaviors.
- Ability to explain complex problems in a simple manner.
- A demonstrable interest in software development.
- Experience with making visualization, such as charts, flow diagrams, or infographics.
- A track record of written works that demonstrate a well-chosen balance between clear and precise language, a well-laid-out structure, and narrative flow.
What will you learn from us?
We will offer guidance in using the tools and techniques that are key to Kiwi.com’s engineering practices:
- Working with UML, Statecharts, Network Architecture, and Entity-Relationship diagramming methodologies.
- Reading and interpreting source code.
Things that we offer and you might love about us:
We believe we’re a fun bunch to work with, and you will get to see how a young, vibrant yet global company disrupts the travel industry. You’ll work in one of the most promising tech companies (awarded Forbes Startup of 2017, Super-brand Award 2017, Deloitte Technology Fast 50 – the fastest growing technology company in Central Europe).
- We visit and speak at conferences and technological events worldwide.
- We use our work time wisely with a friendly vacation policy and work schedule.
- We also like to party and hang out together.
- We work, play, relax, workout and even nap in our offices (complete with sauna, gym, masseur, sleeping spots, canteen, chillout zones, free refreshments, etc).
- Dogs, kids, and parties are welcome in our offices.
- We also enjoy common benefits, such as meal vouchers, flexible benefits scheme, sick days, VIP Medical Care, flight vouchers, multisport card, etc.
- Besides a fair salary, we can also look forward to quarterly bonuses dependent on our performance.
- We’re a great team of passionate and fun-loving people from across the globe who you’ll love working with. We look forward to you joining our team-buildings and parties!
How to apply
Please provide together with your CV, three portfolio items that demonstrate your range of skills and abilities. These items may include academic papers, how-to guides, desktop procedures, blogs, fictional works, flowcharts, diagrams, or infographics.
Your manager to be