We are growing fast and that is why we are looking for a business account manager to join our Fraud & Risk Team! Under the FinTech Department, you will help us manage business-to-business relationships with our strategic partners and technology providers.
What are you going to do?
- Business Account Management of our key partners – daily communication with our Fraud Prevention Service providers and acquiring banks.
- Participating in projects aiming to improve our fraud prevention (integration of new security tools and processes).
- Closely monitoring and analyzing performance data, preparing managerial reports.
- Investigating potential fraud and service-related issues and taking action.
- Working on process and tooling improvements to increase efficiency.
- Cooperating with the members of the whole department, as well as colleagues from other teams within the company (Finance, Analytics, Business Development, Engineering, etc).
- Coordinating internal efforts with external partners, helping to resolve issues.
- You will occasionally travel abroad to meet our partners as well as attend conferences to stay up-to-date with the latest trends.
We would like to see your applications if you:
- Have great communication skills and a perfect command of English (min. level C1), any other world language is an advantage.
- Have previous experience in business account management, at least 1 – 2 years.
- Have good analytical thinking, can analyze data and investigate complex issues, make decisions and develop solutions.
- Posses common software knowledge, especially Google Apps (Gmail, Drive, Docs, and Spreadsheets).
- Have a very good command of MS Excel (and MS Office in general).
- Have a global mindset and enthusiasm for tech and travel.
- Are self-motivated, persistent and independent, have a strong ‘can do’ attitude.
- Have a university degree in Economics/Finance (as an advantage).
Things that we offer and you might love about us:
We like to think we are a fun bunch to work with, and you will get to see how a young, vibrant yet global company disrupts the travel industry.
You will work in one of the most promising tech companies (awarded Forbes Startup of 2017, Super-brand Award 2017, Deloitte Technology Fast 50 – the fastest growing technology company in Central Europe), and we will give you:
- An opportunity to define a newly created team and have a real impact on company performance and development,
- Quarterly financial bonuses dependent on overall company performance,
- Meal vouchers and flexible benefits scheme (contribution to leisure time activities) and free Multisport card,
- Extra 5 days of paid leave,
- Three sick days per year,
- Annual flight credit vouchers and optional VIP Medical Care,
- A very friendly work environment where dogs are welcome, and which offers free refreshments, gym, fitness courses, sauna, and relaxing zones.
We are a great team of passionate and fun-loving people from across the globe who you’ll love working with. We look forward to you joining our team buildings and parties!
This role is only open to candidates eligible to work within the EU. Kiwi.com is unable to provide work visa sponsorship for this role.
Your manager to be