The role of Bot Protection Engineer consists of supporting the scraping platform, building tooling and automation to curb blocking, analyzing data to uncover patterns of blocking, and assisting with incidents and outages.
What will you do?
- Design novel bot workaround techniques
- Analyze data to uncover blocking techniques and apply solutions to prevent them
- Implement effective countermeasures to stop blocking our services based on the identified patterns
- Partner with internal teams to help shape and develop bot prevention technology
- Assist Operations teams (Autobooking, Data-Acquisition, Ancillaries) with incidents and outages
What do we expect?
- 2+ years of experience in the adversarial space working on Scraping or Reverse Engineering
- Good understanding of browser internals and various fingerprinting variables
- Deep understanding of networking protocols
- Good understanding of browsers and mobile apps operations
- Great ability to recognize and analyze problems
- Willingness to deal with the problem until it’s resolved
- Agility and willingness to deal with a high level of ambiguity, change, and pressures of high-profile incidents
Why it rocks to work for us?
- We deploy immediately after a job is completed, not after months of QA.
- Do, fail, learn – repeat! We understand that mistakes happen and we learn fast.
- We decide which cutting-edge technologies are appropriate for the task.
- We code at hackathons and other competitions.
- We support the local technological community.
- We visit and speak at conferences and technological events worldwide.
- We use our work time wisely with a friendly vacation policy and work schedule.
- We also like to party and hang out together.
- We work, play, relax, workout and even nap in our offices.
- We’re a great team of passionate and fun-loving people from across the globe who you’ll love working with.
- We look forward to you joining our team-buildings and parties!
Salary starting from 2 200 EUR gross depending on relevant experience and skills.
We offer you
•Besides a motivating salary, we offer quarterly bonuses dependent on your performance and the company’s results.
•We also enjoy benefits, such as meal vouchers, 20+5 days vacation, sick days, multisport card.
•Flight vouchers to celebrate your Kiwi anniversaries.
•Flexibility to work from home.
•Hardware from Apple or Microsoft based on your preferences.
•Relocation package (including visa support).
•We offer unlimited contracts within a forward-thinking and ambitious company.
•Grow.Kiwi program which supports parents and keeps them engaged with the company.
Interested? Join us and hack the traditional ways of travel!
Kiwi.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.