The purpose of this role is to connect internal developers with external communities to communicate publicly the technologies behind Kiwi.com, its product, and its people. In this role, you will coordinate and organize activities of the Engineering department in order to increase its Employer Brand in front of relevant audiences.
This role is a great opportunity for someone who is a natural networker, loves connecting people and helping them shine, and is also interested in technologies and event management.
What will you do?
- Identify community champions in our Engineering department, advocate for their needs, help them spread the word, and recognize their support.
- Design and spearhead initiatives to engage and support the internal tech community and provide relevant suggestions for speaking and other possible participation in external community activities.
- Motivate, incentivize and reward community champions in the Engineering department to grow their numbers and visibility.
- Scout relevant content to our public communication channels such as our blog, Twitter, Facebook.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with tech communities and influencers outside of Kiwi.com.
- Attend local events and present Kiwi.com to boost brand awareness.
- Lead events organization, coordinate conferences´ attendance and partnership and propose new events based on the hiring needs.
- Keep an up-to-date list of relevant technical events, and ensure promotion via social media platforms such as Reddit, Hacker News, Slack groups, etc.
What do we expect?
- Experience and passion for people networking and event management.
- Having good communication and presentation skills and a proven record of speaking at public events.
- Being able to motivate technical people to attend such events.
- Understanding of basics of the computer science field.
- Experience with tech-specific online channels (Stack Overflow, GitHub,…) is a big plus.
- Fluent English (both oral and written).
- Very open and creative person with a “can-do” attitude.
- Being ready to sometimes work out of working hours where needed due to the nature of our global audiences.
We offer you
•Besides a motivating salary, we offer quarterly bonuses dependent on your performance and the company’s results.
•Work from home and/ or our modern office located in ZET Nová Zbrojovka with in-house sauna, gym, masseur, sleeping spots, canteen, showers, chillout zones, free refreshments, Rebelbeans coffee, garage for cars/motorbikes/bicycles.
•We enjoy benefits, such as meal vouchers, 20+5 days of paid vacation, Cafeteria, sick days, VIP Medical Care, multisport card, career development framework. We offer unlimited contracts within a forward-thinking and ambitious company.
•We’re rewarding Kiwis with flight vouchers to celebrate their Kiwi anniversaries.
•Grow.Kiwi program which supports parents and keeps them engaged with the company.
Interested? Join us and hack the traditional ways of travel!
Kiwi.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.