The Mission of Data Design is to define, develop and maintain a data transformation layer across all data domains within kiwi.com. Establish best practices for building data models and ensure standardization for overall data transformation and management.
You will be working closely with Data Platform, Business Analysts and the rest of the Data team to implement analytics engineering solutions to streamline and support company information management.
What will you do?
- Working with our internal customers, eliciting business data requirements, identifying data sources and required data elements, performing data discovery, data design and data integration activities.
- Translate business data needs to specific technical requirements. Take responsibility for the analytics data pipelines and design new sustainable solutions from the ground up.
- Oversee the data warehouse, source system tables and transformations, ensuring business users have access to reliable data essential to make data-informed decisions.
- Work in conjunction with data engineering to build scalable and manageable analytics data products.
- Diagnose data quality issues using formal problem-solving techniques and probe underlying issues to generate potential solutions. Make recommendations and guide corrective and/or preventive actions.
- Clearly document data models with source, description and field definitions for better collaboration, maintainability and usability.
- Working with Postgres, BigQuery, Airflow, Looker and git
What do we expect from you?
- 2+ years of relevant experience in the area of data analytics, business intelligence, and software engineering.
- Knowledge of Python.
- Good knowledge of database principles, strong proficiency in SQL and programming languages used for data manipulation and data analysis
- Understanding of data integration tools, ETL/ELT processes, data modelling concepts and data warehouse architecture.
- Experience with database platforms like BigQuery, Snowflake, Postgres, SQL Server or similar.
- Experience with orchestration tools such as Airflow is an advantage.
- Experience with BI tools such as Looker, Tableau or PowerBI is an advantage.
- Inquisitive, analytical problem-solving mindset.
- You can effectively communicate to engineers, product managers, data analysts and other stakeholders.
Why it rocks to be at Kiwi.com?
- Do, fail, learn – repeat! We understand that mistakes happen and we learn fast.
- We decide which cutting-edge technologies are appropriate for the task.
- We love contributing and using Open Source. In fact, our whole design system is Open Source.
- We visit and speak at conferences and technological events worldwide.
- We code at hackathons and other competitions.
- We support the local technological community.
- We use our work time wisely with a friendly vacation policy and work schedule.
- We also like to party and hang out together.
- Dogs, kids and parties are welcome in our offices.
- We also enjoy common benefits, such as flexible hours, 6 weeks of holiday, sick days, flight vouchers, gym subscription, fresh fruit and coffee…
- Possibility to access our Phantom Stock scheme (depending on seniority and internal regulations).
- Besides a fair salary, we can also look forward to quarterly bonuses dependent on overall company performance.
- Salary starting from 2,000 EUR
We offer you
•Besides a motivating salary, we offer quarterly bonuses dependent on the company’s overall results and your own performance
•We also enjoy benefits, such as meal vouchers, 20+5 days vacation, sick days, Multisport card.
•Flight vouchers to celebrate your kiwi anniversaries.
•Occasional work from home and/or our modern office located in Zuckermandel where you can enjoy sleeping spots, chillout zones, free refreshments, parking for car/bicycle/motorbike.
•Dogs, kids, and parties are welcome in our offices.
Interested? Join us and hack the traditional ways of travel!
Kiwi.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.