Are you interested in being a part of Kiwi.com data transformation? Do you want to build a software used by tens to hundreds of developers in their day to day job ? Our data team is building a rock solid platform for improving and easing the job of data engineers, analysts, scientists and developers as well. Consisting of small and custom libraries to huge infrastructures holding terabytes of data. You can be part of the whole initiative!
Our data platform team is developing and managing a set of different tools that together make one unified platform, ready to use by anyone in the company. The team focuses on providing software for automatizing a lot of tedious tasks done by data engineers, scientists and developers. You will be working on a job orchestration tool leveraging Kubernetes engine to schedule tasks. All built on top of Airflow, with inhouse built software that reduces time to production of any data pipeline. It covers the whole development lifecycle and simplifies all the steps – development, deployment, testing and debugging. Developers can care about only their code that usually transforms loads of data and doesn’t need to bother with stuff like deployment strategies.
Of course, with building our platform we need to be sure we provide tooling that is still able to produce high quality data. You can also be part of building the metadata service that collects all the metadata available in the company. We’re leveraging this data to automatically monitor data quality and automatize change management as well as.
We’re very keen to open source our stuff. You can checkout our github https://github.com/kiwicom with tons of projects. A few from our team are – Contessa (Data Quality Library) or pg2avro (translator of Postgres types to Avro compatible types).
If you are interested to work on such projects and push the limits of software and automatization, you are the ONE we are looking for! If you love to experiment and build on top technologies like airflow, write python apps or anything else from the open source world come to see us!
What will you do?
- Write code (heh), probably in python
- Design and implement parts of the data platform. On projects like – airflow plugins, IAM parts, self service monitoring, testing framework, CI deployment etc.
- Identify weak spots, refactor code that needs it during development
- Optimize code and usage of 3rd party services for speed and cost-effectiveness
- Regularly update and clearly communicate with the team about your progress and struggles
- on call / slack duty
What do we expect?
- 3+ years of full-time, industry experience in software development
- Broad knowledge of different types of data storage engines – (non)relational, row/column-oriented dbs. Hands on experience with at least 2 of them – e.g. Postgres, MySQL, bq/redshift, elastic
- Experience with orchestration tools (Airflow best fit)
- Advanced query language (SQL) knowledge
- Working with batch and real-time data processing
- Strong coding skills in Python (preferred) / Go / JS
- Rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and another engineering best practices
- Cloud Knowledge – Google Cloud (best fit), AWS, Azure
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related field (ideal)
Why it rocks to be in Kiwi.com?
- We use our work time wisely and we have a flexible work schedule.
- We like to party and hang out together.
- We also enjoy common benefits, such as meal vouchers, flexible benefits scheme, sick days, VIP Medical Care, flight vouchers, Multisport card for free, etc..
- Do, fail, learn – repeat! We understand that mistakes happen and we learn fast.
- Besides a fair salary, we can also look forward to quarterly bonuses dependent on our performance.
- Kids and parties are welcome in our offices.
Sounds interesting to you? Grab your chance and apply today!