Are you interested in being a part of Kiwi.com data transformation? Do you want to build software used by tens to hundreds of developers in their day to day job? Our data team is building a rock solid platform for improving and easing the job of data engineers, analysts, scientists and developers as well. Consisting of small and custom libraries to huge infrastructures. You can be the one leading the whole initiative!
Our data platform team is developing and managing a set of different tools that together make one unified platform, ready to use by anyone in the company. The team focuses on providing software for automatizing a lot of tedious tasks done by data engineers, scientists, and engineers. They manage jobs orchestration tools leveraging Kubernetes engine to schedule tasks. All built on top of Airflow, with inhouse built software that reduces time to production of any data pipeline. It covers the whole development lifecycle and simplifies all the steps – development, deployment, testing and debugging. Developers care about only their code that usually transforms loads of data and doesn’t need to bother with stuff like deployment strategies.
Of course, with building our platform we need to be sure we provide tooling that is still able to produce high quality data. For that, we’re building metadata service that collects all the metadata in the company. We’re leveraging this data to automatically monitor data quality and automatize change management as well as.
If you are interested in leading this initiative and get us on the next level in terms of overall data governance in kiwi.com, you are the ONE we are looking for! If you love to experiment and build on top technologies like airflow, python apps or anything else from the open source world come to see us!
Few examples of our Data Platform Lead work:
OKR Planning: You’ll be part of the quarterly planning of big projects that makes us closer to the ultimate goal of seamless data platform empowering analytics and business decisions. You’ll be responsible for prioritizing them and also picking the right people to finish them to the wanted results.
Leading the team: Guys will need your help to make them achieve their career goals. Set them on the path that will keep them happy and productive. Do regular 1:1 and provide all the support they need.
Infrastructure and costs: Should we upgrade the database? Will it reduce operational costs? You will be able to make smart decisions about investing money in infrastructure that would solve our problems and will still be cost-effective.
Communicating with other teams: Regularly present the data platform team and its value it brings to the company. Be part of multiple discussions about what doesn’t work and make sure you can use them wisely to set the right vision in the right context for the whole team.
What will you do?
- Lead the team full of skilled engineers, do regular 1:1, individual development plan
- Identify the needs for new hires, actively participate in the hiring
- Plan and design the strategy for data platform set the vision and focus that all will follow
- Be a technical role model for the whole team, lead with example, bring new technologies that ease up their work and automatize what we can
- Implement (if you need/want) core algorithms and examples for best practices
- Evangelize the data platform itself to the whole company – its purpose, technology used, its advantages
- Regularly update and clearly communicate on the team achievements and main projects progress
- Communicate with internal customers, provide them reasonable estimates and find out about their problems
What do we expect?
- 4+ years of full-time, industry experience in software development
- Broad knowledge of different types of data storage engines – (non)relational, row/column-oriented DBS. Hands on experience with at least 2 of them – e.g. Postgres, MySQL, QB/redshift, elastic
- Experience with orchestration tools
- Advanced query language (SQL) knowledge
- Experience with leading a team of 5+ people
- Rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and another engineering best practices
- Cloud Knowledge – Google Cloud (best fit), AWS, Azure
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related field (ideal)
We believe we are a fun bunch to work with and you’ll get to train in a fresh and global company, talk with people from around the world and never get bored.
You’ll work in one of the most promising tech companies (awarded Forbes Startup of 2017, Super-brand Award 2017, Deloitte Technology Fast 50 (fastest growing technological company in Central Europe) and here is what we offer:
- We use our work time wisely and we have a flexible work schedule.
- We like to party and hang out together.
- We also enjoy common benefits, such as meal vouchers, flexible benefits scheme, sick days, VIP Medical Care, flight vouchers, Multisport card for free, etc..
- Do, fail, learn – repeat! We understand that mistakes happen and we learn fast.
- Besides a fair salary, we can also look forward to quarterly bonuses dependent on our performance.
- Kids and parties are welcome in our offices.
Salary starting from 2 500 EUR gross depending on relevant experience and skills.
Sounds interesting to you? Grab your chance and apply today!