Kiwi.com enables millions of people to travel daily by disrupting the decades-old ways of traveling. We are focused on delivering a meaningful experience on a mission to make travel accessible to everyone globally.
As Design Program Manager, you will partner with the Director of Design, Managers, and Leads to help improve efficiency, scale how we design user experiences, and collaborate with cross-functional product teams to reach business goals. Your operational excellence will help create a creative, structured, and purposeful environment that empowers designers to do their best work and help build design ops practice within design org.
You’ll be a part of a team designing and delivering transformative travel experiences across a wide array of platforms and services. Kiwi.com
is a highly-collaborative, innovative environment where you’ll find motivation in helping your team achieve and reach beyond their goals.
As a design program manager, you will anticipate potential challenges and mitigate risks to getting work delivered with quality and on time. You’ll be responsible for developing and applying just the right amount of process and oversight for our Product Design, Content, and Research disciplines. You’ll partner with all levels of the organization to communicate and build processes that elevate team performance as we scale.
You’ll have the opportunity to establish cross-functional best practices, improve communication, remove roadblocks, and keep teams on track, all while growing team culture, industry expertise, and team impact.
What will you do
- Establish clear lines of communication across the design team and beyond that enable teammates and stakeholders to have transparency while ensuring alignment of expectations of goals, deliverables, resources, and schedules.
- Lead quarterly planning and prioritization with cross-functional teams, balancing multiple inputs and needs with relation to team and company OKRs.
- Facilitate directly or indirectly team meetings and communications.
- Facilitate onboarding of newcomers to make sure new team members get up to speed quickly and have a safe place to ask questions.
- Monitor statuses and experience metrics for reporting purposes and identify urgent needs
- Lead design delivery by managing team backlogs and removing obstacles for prioritized initiatives, coordinating reviews with stakeholders and leadership, communicating team status, and empowering designers to own their timelines.
- Implement repeatable processes and design ops tools that help us prioritize, plan and manage multiple parallel projects across the team and our stakeholders.
- Define, develop, and advocate for the user-centered design processes and methodologies.
- Manage operational budgets.
Who are you
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a project manager, program manager, or product manager with expertise establishing processes, supporting design teams and developing relationships.
- Experience working with teams from roadmapping through delivery in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working directly with product designers, UX researchers, and writers.
- A big picture approach in helping establish, support and engage teams while still managing the details.
- Track record of operating independently and without oversight.
- Experience using data to identify problems and communicate solutions.
- Demonstrable success as a team player.
- Resilience and patience in dealing with change, challenges, and adversity.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience.
Why it is worth it
- You will work on a unique digital product and service that disrupts the modern travel industry. The product serves hundreds of thousands of visitors a day.
- In our team, you will work with diverse groups of designers, researchers, and writers from various backgrounds and cultures (including the USA, Spain, Netherlands, Zimbabwe, Malaysia, and many others).
- Our design team is empowered and supported by the entire company.
- We have a lot of flexibility and independence while tackling our customers’ problems.
- Check more about our UX team on this link: bit.ly/meetKiwi
Sound like you? Get in touch
For us, being a member of the design team means solving problems. We research, prototype, test, and iterate. Get in touch if you feel that your background, experience, and enthusiasm are a natural match. Together we’ll solve problems for travelers around the world.
We look forward to meeting you.
We are always looking for product designers at multiple seniority levels. Based on our discussion during the hiring process, we will agree on which level you fit best within the Kiwi.com
Please consider that without attaching your portfolio to the application or CV, you most likely won’t be considered.
We offer you
•Besides a motivating salary, we offer quarterly bonuses dependent on the company’s overall results and your own performance.
•We also enjoy benefits, such as meal vouchers, 20+5 days vacation, Cafeteria program, sick days, VIP Medical Care, multisport card.
•Flight vouchers to celebrate your kiwi anniversaries.
•Occasional work from home and/or our modern office located in ZET Nová Zbrojovka where you can gym, masseur, sleeping spots, canteen, showers, chillout zones, Rebelbeans coffee, garage spaces.
•Hardware from Apple or Microsoft based on your preferences.
•Relocation package (including visa support).
•We offer unlimited contracts within a forward-thinking and ambitious company.
•Dogs, kids, and parties are welcome in our offices.
•Grow.Kiwi program which supports parents and keeps them engaged with the company.
Interested? Join us and hack the traditional ways of travel!
Kiwi.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.