We are looking for an engineering leader with experience in building and leading end-to-end customer-facing product teams, who still enjoys building and growing new teams.
You will be joining a scaling business in one of the most exciting points of its growth journey and play a major part in leading and shaping significant transformation across the business – from transaction to customer-led business.
You will be part of the domain building customer-facing products with vision to build seamless travel platform and your role would be to build products engaging our customer base and make them to love our product and return back to Kiwi.com once they seek for travel options.
You will have an option to build the domain and its teams based on your vision, but at the same time you don’t have to start from scratch as base of this domain will be build from well established product teams of account, transactional messaging and mobile core.
Key expectations and responsibilities:
- Building a close relationship with B2C customers and ensures as high a Transformation Rate of B2B2C customers to B2C as possible.
- Overseeing the specifics of Mobile Native Apps product development and architecture, and build products and features to grow share of Mobile App users.
- Increasing the frequency of Kiwi.com product usage by penetrating the post-booking flow by the engagement activities with the close collaboration with the Marketing department.
- Understanding the Budgeting process and the dynamics connected to your domain and active participant in the creation of the company-wide budget and domain PnL.
- Being accountable for overal architecture of your domain and being able to create a strategic long-term roadmap together with your PM and UX counterparts.
- Lead by example and enable your teams to deliver, maintain and continuously improve Engagement products and services.
- With your product counterpart (dual-leadership), you design and develop modern technical ecosystem providing the grounds for the best customer service in the travel industry.
- You are responsible for technical vision and strategy of Engagement domain, you define technical objectives and KPIs and co-create product vision, objectives and roadmap. You ensure alignment with company vision and strategy.
- You are a bridge connecting Engagement domain with all relevant domains, especially other sub-domains of Consumer Product, and CS systems, mobile platform team and marketing department.
- You own the budget of your domain. You determine hiring requirements, promotion plans and other staffing matters. You guarantee optimal allocation of your team based on product roadmap and ensure transparency into cost allocation per project or objective.
- You prioritize features and technical areas that your teams engage with, establishing the overall feature map of engineering.
- You evaluate and approve greenfield projects.
- You directly manage team of 3-8 engineering managers and leads, and in total you are responsible for an organization of 20-80 software engineers.
- You support transition of our systems from transactional towards customer centric, and you lead this transformation within your domain.
- Experience with working in cross functional organisation.
- A proven track record of Tech leadership, leading high performing agile teams.
- Experiences with building, scaling and leading a cross-functional organization
- Great understanding of Information systems and system architecture.
- Good knowledge of travel industry, understanding of customer servicing domain.
- Deep understanding of modern technology with proven track record of architecting and scaling cloud native systems.
- Ability to understand and translate business needs into technical solutions and decisions.
- Analytical mind – ability to establish data driven approach and Key Performance Indicators to all key initiatives.
- Humble, pragmatic and open mindset with strong personal integrity.
- Ability to see the big picture and think big well aligned with company strategies. Define and develop team strategy.
- Ability to manage team members of any levels (Managers, Seniors). Experience in coaching and mentoring of your teams and peers.
- Business acumen – ability to translate business needs and requirements into technical specifications.People management and team leadership skills – ability to set the context (leading through context) and expectations for the team, ability to support both managerial and individual contributor team members to reach their goals; comfortable with delivering good and bad news.
- Consistency, ability to work under pressure and not transfer it to colleagues or teams.
- Seeing things from several perspectives, understand others viewpoints, optimise for what is the best for the company.
We offer you
- The opportunity to join our Phantom Stock scheme.
- We give our employees the freedom to choose between the environment of work from home and our office in Prague, situated in the heart of the Karlin district with an in-house gym, sleeping spots, canteen, showers, chillout zones, and free refreshments.
- We enjoy benefits, such as meal vouchers, 25 days of paid vacation, Cafeteria, sick days, VIP Medical Care, Multisport card, Makro Cash & Carry Card, Employee Assistance Program, and career development framework.
- The latest version of Hardware from Apple or Microsoft based on your preferences.
- Unlimited contracts within a forward-thinking and ambitious company.
- Relocation package (including visa transfer support).
- We’re rewarding Kiwis with flight vouchers to celebrate their Kiwi anniversaries.
- Grow.Kiwi program which supports parents and keeps them engaged with the company.
- Dogs, kids, and parties are welcome in our offices.
Interested? Join us and hack the traditional ways of travel!
Kiwi.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.