Director of Engineering for the FinTech tribe
Kiwi.com has redefined flight search forever. Whenever we see things not working for the customer, we look for ways and hacks to make travel an experience instead of hassle. We have a track record of successfully pioneering industry changes through technology – shipping products like Virtual Interlining and travel hacking tools like Nomad and Custom Fare Types. Also, with the Kiwi Guarantee, we’ve disrupted the customer experience by offering our customers an unprecedented safety value proposition against things that can go wrong when traveling.
FinTech in Kiwi.com is an internal platform enabling:
All legitimate customers worldwide to buy company services using always growing set of global and geographically specific payment methods Kiwi.com to buy airline tickets, ancillaries and other content from always growing set of airlines, OTAs and other partners integrated with payment gateways, VCC issuers, fraud prevention systems, alternative payment methods and other 3rd party systems. We provide means for reconciliation of payment transactions. Our key metrics are ability of customers to pay, the cost of payments and surprisingly even revenue brought to the company. We build in-house systems to provide chains of backup solutions, optimize the key metrics and provide a variety of options to Kiwi.com customers. And last but not least, speaking in engineering terms, we’re responsible for providing ultimate reliability, resilience, security, observability and data quality in the payments domain.
- Lead by example and enable your teams to deliver, maintain and continuously improve the internal platform adapting Kiwi.com to the always growing set of payment related systems.
- Explore & promote industry standards in FinTech automation (e.g. reconciliation, automated vs semi-manual routing of payment methods, etc.)
- Keep improving the ideation & delivery process, setup lean and productive cooperation with the leadership of FinTech product management and FinTech specialists who’re providing strategy and vision and who’re maintaining a portfolio of business partnerships.
- You are responsible for the technical vision and strategy of the FinTech domain, you define technical objectives and KPIs and co-create product vision, objectives and roadmap. You ensure alignment with company vision and strategy.
- You are the bridge connecting FinTech with all key peer domains, especially Booking Fulfillment, Consumer Product and CS Systems, the main domains using the services of the payments platform.
- You build a strong organization unit out of engaged teams, and take accountability for your teams performance and engagement.
- You promote cross-team collaboration and work optimizations on the technical level so that your teams work more effectively not only as independent units but also altogether. You keep learning best practices and anti-patterns explored by other tribes in Kiwi.com and you spread that knowledge within your tribe. You do the same in the opposite direction, spreading FinTech learnings towards the rest of the company.
- You own the budget of your domain. You determine hiring requirements, promotion plans and other staffing matters. You guarantee optimal allocation of your domain’s capacity based on the product roadmap. You ensure transparency into cost allocation per project or objective.
- You’re directly responsible for an organization consisting of 2-4 engineering managers (engineering leads) and 15-30 software engineers. You attract talented people and shape an environment where they use their potential in a full scale.
- You promote company values, you embrace agile & fast-pacing culture within your teams. You’re not afraid to fail but you always try to fail fast.
- You supervise the design & delivery of not only transactional, but also data products like analytic data views and data models, serving as a central source of truth about product driven payment transactions. You ensure your teams use data for decision making.
- You define the portfolio of systems and tools, negotiate the best conditions with partners, ensure seamless integration and full utilization of 3rd party tooling.
- A proven track record of Engineering leadership at scale, leading high-performing agile teams.
- Experience with building, scaling, and leading a cross-functional organization.
- Great understanding of engineering system design & architecture with a proven track record of designed systems.
- FinTech (or Finance) domain knowledge is a strong advantage.
- Travel industry experience is a strong advantage.
- Ability to understand and translate business needs into technical solutions and decisions.
- Analytical mind – the ability to establish a data-driven approach and Key Performance Indicators for all key initiatives.
- Deep understanding of modern technology with a proven track record of architecting and scaling cloud-native systems.
- Humble, pragmatic and open mindset with strong personal integrity.
- Ability to see the big picture and think big, well aligned with company strategies. Define and develop team strategy.
- Ability to manage team members of any levels (Managers, Seniors). Experience in coaching and mentoring of your teams and peers.
- Clear and inspiring expressing skills, including the ability to express complex statements simply and precisely, in a written form.
- Business acumen – ability to translate business needs and requirements into technical specifications. People management and team leadership skills – ability to set the context (leading through context) and expectations for the team, ability to support both managerial and individual contributor team members to reach their goals; comfortable with delivering good and bad news.
- Consistency, ability to work under pressure and not transfer it to colleagues or teams.
- Seeing things from several perspectives, understanding others viewpoints, optimizing for what is the best for the company.
- The opportunity to join our Phantom Stock scheme.
- We give our employees the freedom to choose between the environment of work from home and our office in Prague, situated in the heart of the Karlin district with an in-house gym, sleeping spots, canteen, showers, chillout zones, and free refreshments.
- We enjoy benefits, such as meal vouchers, 25 days of paid vacation, Cafeteria, sick days, VIP Medical Care, Multisport card, Makro Cash & Carry Card, Employee Assistance Program, and career development framework.
- The latest version of Hardware from Apple or Microsoft based on your preferences.
- Unlimited contracts within a forward-thinking and ambitious company.
- Relocation package (including visa transfer support).
- We’re rewarding Kiwis with flight vouchers to celebrate their Kiwi anniversaries.
- Grow. Kiwi program which supports parents and keeps them engaged with the company.
- Dogs, kids, and parties are welcome in our offices.
We offer you
Interested? Join us and hack the traditional ways of travel!
Kiwi.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.