Engineering lead can be seen as a natural career step for senior engineers. However, not everyone has the talent, skill set, experience, or indeed a desire to become one.
We are looking for numerous qualities in an Engineering Lead, your mission could be seen as a straightforward one, leading a bunch of other Software Engineers, correct? At Kiwi.com
we take pride in our coding culture, making sure we deliver the highest quality possible. If you see yourself as a decision-maker, someone who can motivate people to perform well, keep them happy and productive, and be selfless at times, we might have a match!
- Help your engineers grow their skills and experience while maintaining a strong relationship with them.
- Ensure the high quality work of the team – code reviews, clean code, and testing best practices
- Minimize technical debt, errors, outages and conduct risk management
- Contribute to product architecture and design technical solutions
- Actively cooperate with product management on agile processes and quarterly OKRs planning
- 5 years or more in software development
- At least 2 years of experience in a leadership position
- Experience with running agile project management process
- Ability to write full-scale projects (with a track record, ideally in Python)
- Deep knowledge of software design patterns, SQL and no-SQL databases, debugging and monitoring, containerization, testing, git, CI/CD, networking
- Experience with deployments with any cloud provider (AWS, GCP, Azure, …)
Which key advantages will you get with joining Kiwi.com?
- You will be surrounded by clever, helpful, and genuinely nice people. There is a reason why our requirements might seem strict, we really care about the people who are joining us.
- We have a start-up, transparent culture even though we are not really a start-up anymore.
- Technology is at the heart of our organization.
- We are effective, we appreciate people’s time, and wasting it is not an option
- Phantom stock options.
We offer you
•Besides a motivating salary, we offer quarterly bonuses dependent on the company’s overall results and your own performance.
•We also enjoy benefits, such as flexible working hours, 30 paid vacation days, sick days, private medical care, protection benefit, pension benefit.
•Flight vouchers to celebrate your kiwi anniversaries.
•Occasional work from home and/or our Office located in coworking space in Chiswick Park.
Interested? Join us and hack the traditional ways of travel!
Kiwi.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.