As an Engineering Lead, your mission is to serve as a central point of contact team-wide. You are a coordinator of business needs and technical capabilities contained in your team. You augment your reports, help them grow and prosper. You make decisions that impact the features of your reports and yourself, removing blockers where needed.
What in the heck is the Ancillaries Tribe, you may ask? Our engineers are responsible for automation and the generation of the main revenue stream for the company. Our services obtain availability of extras services like seats, bags, priority boarding, show it to customers and fulfill the order. While providing a unified interface to the rest of the teams in the company, we hide the complexity of 100+ different providers under a single application. Our customers rely on us that their baggage is bought, a window seat is selected, and spaghetti in the air is ordered.
Responsibilities as an Engineering Manager
- You are responsible that your reports delivering high-quality work. You maintain the quality of code, minimize outages and errors, and assert that team-wide and company-wide guidelines are followed.
- You maintain a strong relationship with your reports, assuming responsibility for their personal development in technical and soft skills. You are responsible for the general well-being of all team members. You action their concerns to the best of your ability, escalating when required.
- You serve as a representative for your team when communicating with product managers, other teams, and other stakeholders. You connect your team members to product managers and their features and assure the quality of their cooperation.
- You help your team prioritize the incoming requests, distribute work amongst team members, and assuring that their tasks are well defined and productive.
- You help your team members make technical decisions and involve technical experts when these decisions involve higher scopes. You share your technical expertise regularly.
- You manage 3-8 engineers.
- Meet with the skill matrix and achieve a level of my position
Do you want to see a person behind the team? Jakub Wolf will give you a high-level overview of what the team is doing and what technologies we use! Click here
We offer you
•Besides a motivating salary, we offer quarterly bonuses dependent on the company’s overall results and your own performance.
•We also enjoy benefits, such as meal vouchers, 20+5 days vacation, Cafeteria program, sick days, VIP Medical Care, multisport card.
•Flight vouchers to celebrate your kiwi anniversaries.
•Occasional work from home and/or our modern office located in ZET Nová Zbrojovka where you can enjoy gym, masseur, sleeping spots, canteen, showers, chillout zones, Rebelbeans coffee, garage spaces.
•Hardware from Apple or Microsoft based on your preferences.
•Relocation package (including visa support).
•We offer unlimited contracts within a forward-thinking and ambitious company.
•Dogs, kids, and parties are welcome in our offices.
•Grow.Kiwi program which supports parents and keeps them engaged with the company.
Interested? Join us and hack the traditional ways of travel!
Kiwi.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.