, and we’ve redefined flight search forever. We hack the travel system so our customers can enjoy great savings and find new ways to navigate the world. Our Software Engineers enable our business to achieve this through technology solutions – developing everything customers see and even more under the hood.
Our team has successfully pioneered many travel industry firsts – from shipping products like Virtual Interlining to travel hacking tools like Nomad and Custom Fare Types. But there are more challenges across the travel industry and we’re looking for problem solvers to help us continue innovating. Join us and be part of our mission to build the best travel companion platform in the world.
is an important player in the travel industry with modern technology and a unique product. To support the growth and new innovative initiatives we are looking for a Frontend Engineer who will have an important role in shaping our future.
Account & Subscription tribe is working directly at the core of the user experience. Imagine a cross-platform experience guiding you from the initial search through planning, booking, sharing details with other travelers, and keeping you well informed during the entire duration of your journey. Imagine all of that being unified across travel means (carriers). Making all that truly personalized and customer-centric, that’s the mission of the Account tribe. And if you love innovations, all of this will set foundations for new and truly exciting business models.
Are you an experienced engineer who’s still passionate, creative, and open-minded? Do you like to inspire people around you but also be inspired by them? Can you imagine working in a fast-changing and truly international environment? Do you want to work on something that matters and “be in touch” with real customers? Then join us, together we will shape the future of the phenomenal experience, which traveling is.
- Lead a team of ~4 frontend developers, know how to lead by example.
- Tightly cooperate with the Product Manager on discovery and backlog prioritization, lead the delivery (and be accountable for it).
- Be responsible for the team tech stack and its continuous improvement.
- Lead the cooperation with other Kiwi teams to design architecture and deliver features for our customers (BE, other FE teams, etc.). The new major value in Kiwi is rarely created in isolation and the scope of a single team.
- Take care of the learning & personal growth of the people in your team, inspire them, and be inspired by them.
- Spend considerable time with hands-on feature development, bug hunting, testing new technologies, etc.
- React, Relay, Next.js, Flow, Typescript, Styled-components, Storybook.
- Yarn workspaces (we have a monorepo-like setup)
- GraphQL, Node.js
- Cypress E2E testing and Jest with React Testing Library
- Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, GitLab.
- Jira and Slack
What do we expect from you?
- Be passionate, curious, and open-minded.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to lead tough engineering discussions. Ability to communicate clearly and precisely.
- Practical experience with React.
- HTML, CSS, DOM, browser APIs and overall understanding of how the web works.
- General backend engineering knowledge. Experience with even backend development is a plus.
- Ability to work with remote teams.
- Willingness to contribute to product decisions, assess technical feasibility, understand customers’ needs.
- A mindset to solve problems, not tasks.
Why it rocks to be at Kiwi.com
- Do, fail, learn – repeat! We understand that mistakes happen and we learn fast.
- We decide which cutting-edge technologies are appropriate for the task.
- We love contributing and using Open Source. In fact, our whole design system is Open Source.
- We visit and speak at conferences and technological events worldwide.
- We code at hackathons and other competitions.
- We support the local tech community.
We offer you
•The opportunity to join our Phantom Stock scheme.
•We give our employees the freedom to choose between the environment of work from home and our office in Prague, situated in the heart of the Karlin district with an in-house gym, sleeping spots, canteen, showers, chillout zones, and free refreshments.
•We enjoy benefits, such as meal vouchers, 25 days of paid vacation, Cafeteria, sick days, VIP Medical Care, Multisport card, Makro Cash & Carry Card, Employee Assistance Program, and career development framework.
•The latest version of Hardware from Apple or Microsoft based on your preferences.
•Unlimited contracts within a forward-thinking and ambitious company.
•Relocation package (including visa transfer support).
•We’re rewarding Kiwis with flight vouchers to celebrate their Kiwi anniversaries.
•Grow.Kiwi program which supports parents and keeps them engaged with the company.
•Dogs, kids, and parties are welcome in our offices.
Interested? Join us and hack the traditional ways of travel!
Kiwi.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.