Are you curious how Kiwi.com
works under the hood and how are we able to process thousands of bookings per day in the constantly changing environment of the travel industry?
CS Systems tribe is focused on developing customized internal applications for the Customer support department which handles requests and orders from the customers. Our main goal is to build and support the best customer service in the industry.
We are currently looking for an Engineering lead of the backend processing team. In this role, you will be building and leading a team of 3-6 engineers and designing the highly scalable and customizable BPM (business process management) systems.
Key expectations and responsibilities
- You are responsible that your reports deliver high-quality work. You maintain the quality of code, minimize outages and errors, and assert that team-wide and company-wide guidelines are followed. You are responsible for a technical vision within the processing tooling domain, including event-driven architecture and deployment of the BPM engine.
- You maintain a strong relationship with your reports, assuming responsibility for their personal development in technical and soft skills. You are responsible for the general well-being of all team members. You action their concerns to the best of your ability, escalating when required.
- You determine the hiring requirements and promotion plans of your team. You participate in the hiring process.
- You serve as a representative for your team when communicating with product managers, other teams, and other stakeholders. You connect your team members to product managers and their features and assure the quality of their cooperation.
- You help your team prioritize the incoming requests, distributing work amongst team members, and assuring that their tasks are well defined and productive.
- You help your team members make technical decisions and involve technical experts when these decisions involve higher scopes. You share your technical expertise regularly.
- You are involved in tribe-wide decisions and help to create and implement policies, guidelines, and rules in your team.
- You have experience with Agile methodologies and are promoting Agile inside your team.
- You manage 3-6 engineers (Python/JS backend developers).
What technologies do we use?
- Our main codebase is written in Python 3 (Flask, aiohttp and FastAPI), but we are also open to Node.js based tech-stack.
- Apps are built as docker images, orchestrated by Kubernetes, and deployed to GCP
- PostgreSQL database with SQLAlchemy models
- Celery tasks for asynchronous and periodic tasks
- Top of the line code quality tooling – Black, Pylint, SonarQube, and Mypy
- Slack as a main communication tool – a rich set of Slack integrations to promote flexibility
- Datadog for real-time app metrics, logs, and alerts. Sentry for error tracking – all connected to PagerDuty for high severity incidents
- RabbitMQ and Pub/Sub for event-driven communication
We offer you
•Besides a motivating salary, we offer quarterly bonuses dependent on the company’s overall results and your own performance.
•We also enjoy benefits, such as meal vouchers, 20+5 days vacation, Cafeteria program, sick days, VIP Medical Care, multisport card.
•Flight vouchers to celebrate your kiwi anniversaries.
•Occasional work from home and/or our modern office located in ZET Nová Zbrojovka where you can enjoy sauna, gym, masseur, sleeping spots, canteen, showers, chillout zones, Rebelbeans coffee, garage spaces.
•Hardware from Apple or Microsoft based on your preferences.
•Relocation package (including visa support).
•We offer unlimited contracts within a forward-thinking and ambitious company.
•Dogs, kids, and parties are welcome in our offices.
•Grow.Kiwi program which supports parents and keeps them engaged with the company.
Interested? Join us and hack the traditional ways of travel!
is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.