As an Engineering Manager at Kiwi.com
, you are effectively taking responsibility for numerous engineering teams. Our platform might seem straightforward from the customer’s perspective, yet the backend is much more complex.
Your focus on this role is to deliver on business-critical features, make sure that the teams are delivering and doing so in an environment, where they are happy and challenged at the same time. You should also have the technical knowledge to command respect from your peers and provide a helping hand when needed.
Key expectations and responsibilities:
- You are responsible that your reports deliver high-quality work. You maintain the quality of code, minimize outages and errors, and assert that team-wide and company-wide guidelines are followed.
- You are responsible for a technical vision within the processing tooling domain, including event-driven architecture and deployment of the BPM engine.
- You maintain a strong relationship with your reports, assuming responsibility for their personal development in technical and soft skills.
- You are responsible for the general well-being of all team members. You action their concerns to the best of your ability, escalating when required.
- You determine the hiring requirements and promotion plans of your team. You participate in the hiring process.
- You serve as a representative for your team when communicating with product managers, other teams, and other stakeholders. You connect your team members to product managers and their features and assure the quality of their cooperation.
- You help your team prioritize the incoming requests, distributing work amongst team members, and assuring that their tasks are well defined and productive.
- You help your team members make technical decisions and involve technical experts when these decisions involve higher scopes. You share your technical expertise regularly.
- You are involved in tribe-wide decisions and help to create and implement policies, guidelines, and rules in your team.
- You have experience with Agile methodologies and are promoting Agile inside your team.
Which key advantages will you get with joining Kiwi.com?
- You will be surrounded by clever, helpful, and genuinely nice people. There is a reason why our requirements might seem strict, we really care about the people who are joining us.
- We have a start-up, transparent culture even though we are not really a start-up anymore.
- Technology is at the heart of our organization.
- We are effective, we appreciate people’s time, and wasting it is not an option
- Phantom stock options.
We offer you
•The opportunity to join our Phantom Stock scheme.
•We give our employees a freedom to choose between the environment of work from home and our modern office located in the centric cosy neighbourhood (Sant Antoni) in Cloudworks coworking space where you can enjoy Kiwi.com
’s private office space, two common terraces with great views, discounts on lunch meal providers, common coworking activities (yoga, games, etc.), free refreshments and shower.
•We also enjoy benefits, such as flexible working hours, 30 paid vacation days, sick days, private medical insurance, Employee Assistance Program, GymForLess membership, the annual subscription for El Bicing.
•Flight vouchers to celebrate your kiwi anniversaries.
•The latest version of Hardware from Apple or Microsoft based on your preferences.
•We offer unlimited contracts within a forward-thinking and ambitious company.
•Relocation package (including visa transfer support).
•Dogs and parties are welcome in our offices.
Interested? Join us and hack the traditional ways of travel!
Kiwi.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.