Group Product Manager for Search Backend
We are looking for a group product manager passionate about creating innovative solutions that lead to great customer experiences.
Your mission will be to lead a team responsible for building search-as-a-product. Be responsible for determining a long-term strategy for the search engine technology stack and its integration with the rest of the business funnel. Own the business case creation for search improvements, and drive the improvement process and research. You will manage Product Managers, facilitating collaboration, professional development, process, and the overall growth of a world-class product management practice. You will own significant aspects of the product roadmap and curation and dissemination of roadmap updates from various teams, furthermore, you will collaborate with cross-functional partners across Product, Engineering, and Data Science — aligning teams on a shared vision and steering execution towards that vision.
On the journey, you will closely cooperate with multiple product teams working on different parts of the kiwi.com business funnel, together directly contributing to the company mission to drive customer loyalty through better service.
- Define and own the team’s mission, vision, and strategy.
- Own technical and product features through the entire product lifecycle: ideation, discovery, planning, and delivery.
- Prioritize the team’s backlog to maximize impact on business objectives, including continuous requirements gathering and dependency management.
- Shape the roadmap for your product area in synergy with the rest of the portfolio and in alignment with OKRs and business objectives.
- Communicate product status and schedule delivery for releasing new products and services.
- Define high-level requirements (epics) and be able to split them into independent deliverables.
- Actively engage the stakeholder ecosystem around your product and the whole company, including external stakeholders.
- Evaluate new technologies and determine where they fit Kiwi.com solutions and strategies.
- Deploy and use best practices to measure, understand, and optimize the success of your products.
- 5+ years of relevant product management experience.
- 3+ years of people management experience.
- Ability to define compelling product vision.
- Strong technical background to help lead the future of our Search platform.
- Capable of negotiating and executing technical decisions with little or no guidance.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and working in cross-functional agile teams to deliver results successfully.
- Ability to create simple solutions to complex problems with competing priorities.
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills and thrive at delivering clear and concise messages that resonate with the whole audience.
- Proficiency in using data and metrics to back up assumptions and drive actions.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs, and evaluate new opportunities and ideas with internal and external partners.
- Self-starter, able to thrive in a fast-paced and continually changing environment.
- An easy-going yet results-oriented demeanor.
- Experience with information retrieval systems is a plus.
- The opportunity to join our Phantom Stock scheme.
- We give our employees the freedom to choose between the environment of work from home and our office in Prague, situated in the heart of the Karlin district with an in-house gym, sleeping spots, canteen, showers, chillout zones, and free refreshments
- We enjoy benefits such as meal vouchers, 20 days of paid vacation, Cafeteria, sick days, VIP Medical Care, Multisport card, Makro Cash & Carry Card, Carvago, Employee Assistance Program, and career development framework.
- The latest version of Hardware from Apple or Microsoft based on your preferences.
- Unlimited contracts within a forward-thinking and ambitious company.
- Relocation package (including visa transfer support).
- We’re rewarding Kiwis with flight vouchers to celebrate their Kiwi anniversaries.
- Grow.Kiwi program which supports parents and keeps them engaged with the company.
- Dogs, kids, and parties are welcome in our offices.
We offer you
Interested? Join us and hack the traditional ways of travel!
Kiwi.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.