The main mission of the Infrastructure Platform Engineer role is to find and develop software solutions to increase the productivity of developers from an infrastructure point of view. This will be done mainly by creating building blocks of parts of the infrastructure, which could help developers to set up new projects easily.
What will you do:
- Actively help engineering teams to get over their roadblocks.
- Support the engineering teams by consulting best practices and how to onboard them.
- Provide seamless starting of new software projects, mainly by developing automated building blocks.
- Transform manual work to automation.
- Be aware of our current infrastructure and actively seek/test/push new technologies.
- Responsibility for small/mid-sized features.
- Be able to provide internal support for at least one of our domains (Cloud/Terraform/Kubernetes/Networks/Bare-metals, ..)
- Initiate ideas, tasks.
- Do code-reviews
What we expect:
- Fluent in English (both oral and written)
- Experience with Cloud (AWS, GCP etc.)
- Experience with managing fleet of bare-metal linux servers (Ansible, Chef, ..)
- Knowledge of how CI/CD works (GitlabCI/CircleCI/Spinnaker/..)
- Hands on experience with Container runtime and Container orchestration
- Familiar with technologies we use, such as Kubernetes, Service mesh, Terraform, Datadog, PostgreSQL
- Familiar with CDN/WAF technologies
- Awareness of serverless technologies
- Love for automation, passionate about Cloud technologies and IaC (Infrastructure as Code)
- Willingness to help people to deliver new/current features/products faster/better
- Communication skills – needs to understand/listen/talk to people, help them with everyday problems/issues
- Analytical mind, attention to details
Why it rocks to work for us?
- We deploy immediately after a job is completed, not after months of QA.
- Do, fail, learn – repeat! We understand that mistakes happen and we learn fast.
- We decide which cutting-edge technologies are appropriate for the task.
- We code at hackathons and other competitions.
- We support the local technological community.
- We visit and speak at conferences and technological events worldwide.
- We use our work time wisely with a friendly vacation policy and work schedule.
- We also like to party and hang out together.
- We work, play, relax, workout and even nap in our offices.
- We’re a great team of passionate and fun-loving people from across the globe who you’ll love working with.
- We look forward to you joining our team-buildings and parties!
- Salary for this position starts from 1900 euro
We offer you
•Besides a motivating salary, we offer quarterly bonuses dependent on the company’s overall results and your own performance
•We also enjoy benefits, such as meal vouchers, 20+5 days vacation, sick days, Multisport card.
•Flight vouchers to celebrate your kiwi anniversaries.
•Occasional work from home and/or our modern office located in Zuckermandel where you can enjoy sleeping spots, chillout zones, free refreshments, parking for car/bicycle/motorbike.
•Hardware from Apple or Microsoft based on your preferences.
•Relocation package (including visa support).
•We offer unlimited contracts within a forward-thinking and ambitious company.
•Dogs, kids, and parties are welcome in our offices.
Interested? Join us and hack the traditional ways of travel!
Kiwi.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.