At Kiwi.com, we believe everyone should be free to experience the world and that’s why we’re breaking down the barriers to low-cost travel. Using our powerful search technology, we create solutions to make affordable travel accessible for all. With 1200+ people supporting our innovative digital roadmap, we work in a culture that celebrates collaboration, problem-solving, bold decisions, and big ideas. Come and hack the travel market with us!
About the role
We are searching for an Engineering Lead for our Infrastructure Platform team, a team that is focused on technological innovation and correct utilisation of cloud as well as bare-metal services. Platforms span across the whole company, covering large technological decisions for more than 50 product engineering teams in Kiwi. This gives platform members enormous potential for impact and learning opportunities. With more than 400 applications running on our Kubernetes infrastructure, we ensure our product engineers can focus on solving challenges for our customers while their services run smoothly and reliably.
- Leading a team of 4-6 platform engineers focused on both cloud and bare-metal environments.
- Delivering high-value technology that helps product engineers optimise their time effort and infrastructure cost requirements.
- Growing engineers within your team by actively mentoring them and finding external growth opportunities.
- Keeping the team motivated by removing obstacles and preserving the momentum of projects.
- Track record in leading a highly impactful engineering team.
- Track record of end-to-end delivery of a platform product (e.g. a CI integration, Kubernetes installation/maintenance, or other automation project).
- Experience with cloud environments such as Google Cloud or AWS.
- Attention to long-term system sustainability and developer experience.
- It’s a plus if you’ve worked in an agile environment before (team efforts led by a product manager with great attention to user impact).
We offer you
- The opportunity to join our Phantom Stock scheme.
- We give our employees the freedom to choose between the environment of work from home and our modern office located in ZET Nová Zbrojovka with an in-house gym, masseur, sleeping spots, canteen, showers, chillout zones, free refreshments, Rebelbeans coffee, garage for cars/motorbikes/bicycles.
- We enjoy benefits, such as meal vouchers, 25 days of paid vacation, Cafeteria, sick days, VIP Medical Care, Multisport card, Makro Cash & Carry Card, Employee Assistance Program, and career development framework.
- Unlimited contracts within a forward-thinking and ambitious company.
- Relocation package (including visa transfer support).
- We’re rewarding Kiwis with flight vouchers to celebrate their Kiwi anniversaries.
- Grow.Kiwi program which supports parents and keeps them engaged with the company.
- Dogs, kids, and parties are welcome in our offices.
Interested? Join us and hack the traditional ways of travel!
Kiwi.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.