The Frontend Search tribe carry out vitally important work on the frontend search engine for the Kiwi.com
homescreen. The main goal of the tribe is to make searching fast, user friendly and easy for our customers to discover the right travel destinations from them. In this position, you will directly influence the conversion rate, performance and scalability of Kiwi.com
’s main product. The impact and feedback loop is fast and furious!
DevStack you’ll use:
- React, Redux, Relay, Next.js, Flow, TypeScript, Styled-components, Babel, Webpack, Gulp, Storybook
- GraphQL, Node.js
- Cypress integration and Jest unit testing
- GCP, AWS, Kubernetes
What is it like to work at Kiwi.com?
- Full Stack teams based in Prague, Brno, and Bratislava
- Agile workflows and methodologies (Kanban, Scrum)
- Cooperation with product managers, UX designers, QA and other engineering teams
- Communication over Slack in English
- Features are always well defined, UX designers deliver the design ready for implementation using the Figma tool
- Daily releases of new features using automated continuous integration and delivery
- Our JS codebase is built using functional composition paradigm with clear separation of concerns
What do we expect from you?
- Previous experience with React
- HTML5, CSS3, DOM, browser APIs and understanding of how the web works
- Experience with Git (Gitlab, Github)
- Experience with building SEO-friendly pages is a plus
- Backend development, server side rendering and infrastructure knowledge is a big plus
- Ability to work with remote teams and an understanding of users’ needs
- A mindset to solve problems, not tasks
Why it rocks to work for us?
- We deploy immediately after a job is completed, not after months of QA.
- Do, fail, learn – repeat! We understand that mistakes happen and we learn fast.
- We decide which cutting-edge technologies are appropriate for the task.
- We code at hackathons and other competitions.
- We support the local technological community.
- We visit and speak at conferences and technological events worldwide.
- We use our work time wisely with a friendly vacation policy and work schedule.
- We also like to party and hang out together.
- We work, play, relax, workout and even nap in our offices.
- We’re a great team of passionate and fun-loving people from across the globe who you’ll love working with.
- We look forward to you joining our team-buildings and parties!
Salary starting from 2,032 EUR gross depending on relevant experience and skills.
We offer you
•Besides a motivating salary, we offer quarterly bonuses dependent on the company’s overall results and your own performance.
•We also enjoy benefits, such as meal vouchers, 20+5 days vacation, sick days, multisport card.
•Flight vouchers to celebrate your Kiwi anniversaries.
•Flexibility to work from home.
•Hardware from Apple or Microsoft based on your preferences.
•Relocation package (including visa support).
•We offer unlimited contracts within a forward-thinking and ambitious company.
•Grow.Kiwi program which supports parents and keeps them engaged with the company.
Interested? Join us and hack the traditional ways of travel!
Kiwi.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.