The Frontend Search tribe carry out vitally important work on the frontend search engine for the Kiwi.com
homescreen. The main goal of the tribe is to make searching fast, user friendly and easy for our customers to discover the right travel destinations from them. In this position, you will directly influence the conversion rate, performance and scalability of Kiwi.com
’s main product. The impact and feedback loop is fast and furious!
DevStack you’ll use:
- React, Redux, Relay, Next.js, Flow, TypeScript, Styled-components, Babel, Webpack, Gulp, Storybook
- GraphQL, Node.js
- Cypress integration and Jest unit testing
- GCP, AWS, Kubernetes
What is it like to work at Kiwi.com?
- Full Stack teams based in Prague, Brno, and Bratislava
- Agile workflows and methodologies (Kanban, Scrum)
- Cooperation with product managers, UX designers, QA and other engineering teams
- Communication over Slack in English
- Features are always well defined, UX designers deliver the design ready for implementation using the Figma tool
- Daily releases of new features using automated continuous integration and delivery
- Our JS codebase is built using functional composition paradigm with clear separation of concerns
What do we expect from you?
- Previous experience with React
- HTML5, CSS3, DOM, browser APIs and understanding of how the web works
- Experience with Git (Gitlab, Github)
- Experience with building SEO-friendly pages is a plus
- Backend development, server side rendering and infrastructure knowledge is a big plus
- Ability to work with remote teams and an understanding of users’ needs
- A mindset to solve problems, not tasks
Why it rocks to be at Kiwi.com!
- We deploy immediately after a job is completed, not after months of QA.
- Do, fail, learn – repeat! We understand that mistakes happen and we learn fast.
- We decide which cutting-edge technologies are appropriate for the task.
- We love contributing and using Open Source.
- We visit and speak at conferences and technological events worldwide.
- We code at hackathons and other competitions.
- We support the local technological community.
- We use our work time wisely with a friendly vacation policy and work schedule.
- We also like to party and hang out together.
- Dogs, kids and even parties are welcome in our offices.
- We also enjoy common benefits, such as flexible hours, 6 weeks of holiday, sick days, flight vouchers, Andjoy and Bicing subscription, fresh fruit and coffee…
- Ability to access our Phantom Stock scheme (depending on seniority and integral regulations).
- Besides a fair salary, you can also look forward to quarterly bonuses dependent on overall company performance.
- Assume the best of others and believe in the power of the team
- Be open and involve others
- Be curious and always look for opportunities
is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical conditions, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Interested? Join us and hack the traditional ways of travel!