At Kiwi.com, we believe everyone should be free to experience the world and that’s why we’re breaking down the barriers to low-cost travel. Using our powerful search technology, we create solutions to make affordable travel accessible for all. With 1200+ people supporting our innovative digital roadmap, we work in a culture that celebrates collaboration, problem-solving, bold decisions, and big ideas. Come and hack the travel market with us!
About The Team
Our Travel Content Acquisition (TCA) team gathers the best possible travel content for a traveler. Our mission? We aim to improve our positioning and bring additional revenue. We are a powerhouse of diverse talents and perspectives and we regularly monitor the airline industry to identify airlines at risk, and try to prevent financial losses. By working in this team, we have an opportunity to make direct impacts and see results in the company performance. We are very enthusiastic to travel to many trade events around the globe where we cooperate with a lot of new and existing partners.
Bold, bright and ambitious? Join a global business that’s still got a start-up heart. Come and hack the travel market with us.
- Conduct commercial negotiations with the existing suppliers in order to get better content/conditions.
- Manage to retain and develop the supplier relationship via analysis, reports, and regular meetings to optimize the portfolio of Booking and Ticketing partners.
- Negotiate, summarize, and provide operational (with CS or GDS team) and financial (reporting, invoicing) data collection from suppliers, as well as their maintenance and continuous optimization.
- Attend to internal and external efforts to implement new integrations in order to release them in production.
- Intermediate and escalate to the Supplier responsible, as well the “Leader of Key Supplier Managers”, in case of significant issues with suppliers, what must be done with the relevant details and technical summaries.
- Regularly monitor the airline industry in order to identify all airlines and suppliers that are at risk, and be proactive to try to prevent financial loss for the company.
- Mandatory in this role is a Key Account Management experience or a related role within an airline travel area. (GDSs, supplier management, travel aggregators, or travel agencies)
- Demonstrable experience with complex negotiations.
- Advanced digital skills (Excel, Google Sheets, Chrome, basic Analytical tools).
- Advanced level of English (B2) – written and spoken.
- At least a basic knowledge of GDSs (Global Distribution Systems).
Specific role requirements
- Availability to travel.
- Have contact with multiple travel industry professionals.
We offer you
- The opportunity to join our Phantom Stock scheme.
- We give our employees a freedom to choose between the environment of work from home and our modern office located in the centric neighbourhood (Passeig de Gràcia) in Cloudworks coworking space where you can enjoy Kiwi.com’s private office space, two common terraces with great views, common coworking activities (yoga, games, etc.), free refreshments and shower.
- We also enjoy benefits, such as flexible working hours, 30 paid vacation days, sick days, private medical insurance, Employee Assistance Program, GymForLess membership, the annual subscription for El Bicing.
- Flight vouchers to celebrate your kiwi anniversaries.
- We offer unlimited contracts within a forward-thinking and ambitious company.
- Relocation package (including visa transfer support).
- Dogs and parties are welcome in our offices.
Interested? Join us and hack the traditional ways of travel!
Kiwi.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.