Kiwi.com is a leading travel tech company headquartered in the Czech Republic, employing over 1,500 people worldwide. Kiwi.com’s innovative algorithm enables users to find better route options and prices other search engines can’t see, performing 2 billion price checks per day across 95% of global flight content. 100 million searches are carried out every day on Kiwi.com’s website and partner channels. On average over 60,000 seats are sold daily.
Legal practice in Kiwi.com
Our success is fueled by innovation and disruption of the rigid travel market coupled with a culture of adaptability and fast decision-making. Such an environment creates a demand for swift, high-quality, and precise legal advice in various legal fields related to e-commerce and information technology in general. The global nature of our business often requires us to assess impacts and manage compliance with regulatory requirements from different jurisdictions and to liaise with various regulators on matters of policy and compliance.
We are looking for a new addition to our Legal team for the position of Legal Associate with a focus on product compliance. You would be asked to provide complex advice and assistance in various legal issues directly to the business stakeholders on matters relating to our product (data protection & online privacy law, consumer protection law, e-commerce regulation, travel sector regulation, unfair competition law, and other fields as necessary) and operations (data protection, labor & employment law, anti-discrimination law, whistleblowing, internal regulations, etc).
Specifically, you would closely cooperate with our Research & Development teams, conduct legal reviews of the items in their product development roadmaps, perform complex legal assessments of any identified issues, and define specific mitigation measures. Besides product development, you would also participate in the continuous legal audit of the released product and operations within the assigned parts of Kiwi.com’s activities. You would actively participate in creating strategies to enhance various Kiwi.com compliance programs and based on the applicable legal requirements, manage the internal registers, documents, and processes. Besides your responsibilities in the fields of product compliance, you would also support the wider legal team with assisting various internal stakeholders in their business-related activities as part the Legal team’s commercial and transactional (general counseling, document review, document drafting, etc) and dispute agenda.
- Proficiency in both English and Czech language.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Czech law degree or equivalent qualification.
- At least 3 years of post-graduate experience either in an in-house legal team (preferably a multinational B2C e-commerce company) or in a law firm dealing with e-commerce and IT/IP
- IT skills or at least a general understanding of technology
- Basic knowledge of risk management methods
- Good understanding of general private law and international private law
- Knowledge and past experience in handling issues in the areas of: E-commerce, Consumer Protection, Data Protection & Online Privacy, Unfair Competition
- Nice to have knowledge areas: Intellectual Property, Travel Law
- Excellent communication skills
- Organized and systematic approach to solving complex tasks
- Team-oriented personality
- Creative problem-solving skills
- The opportunity to join our Phantom Stock scheme.
- We give our employees the freedom to choose between the environment of work from home and our office in Prague, situated in the heart of the Karlin district with an in-house gym, sleeping spots, canteen, showers, chillout zones, and free refreshments.
- We enjoy benefits, such as meal vouchers, 25 days of paid vacation, Cafeteria, sick days, VIP Medical Care, Multisport card, Makro Cash & Carry Card, Employee Assistance Program, and career development framework.
- Hardware from Apple or Microsoft based on your preferences.
- Unlimited contracts within a forward-thinking and ambitious company.
- Relocation package (including visa transfer support).
- We’re rewarding Kiwis with flight vouchers to celebrate their Kiwi anniversaries.
- Grow.Kiwi program which supports parents and keeps them engaged with the company.
- Dogs, kids, and parties are welcome in our offices.
We offer you:
Interested? Join us and hack the traditional ways of travel!
Kiwi.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.