Transactional messaging is responsible for all communication towards customers related to the current state, changes and updates of their reservation. Over the years, our team has come a long way from sending just a few emails.
We are now able to communicate via all main communication channels (email, sms, mobile push notifications and social networks). We also need to be able to send thousands of messages within minutes in case of emergencies. On top of that, we are storing, visualising and evaluating the delivered content as well as customer’s interaction with it.
To achieve a high success rate of deliveries and to minimize the sending processing time, our services need to be highly available and scalable on demand.
We release to production multiple times a day. To measure the impact and the health of the release – automated testing, real-time monitoring and alerting is in place. We focus our development on the ability to deliver new features and additional value to our customers. While doing that, we refactor parts of the code which slow the development down.
What tech-stack we use in our team:
- Main codebase written in PHP 7.3/7.4
- Nette framework
- Docker images for local development & for production
- Orchestration by Kubernetes, deployed to GCP
- Mysql, Postgres & Elasticsearch as permanent storage
- RabbitMQ for processing asynchronous requests
- PHPstan, Easy coding standard for code analysis, PHPUnit for tests
- Jira for implementing SW development model (Kanban)
- Slack as a main communication tool
- Datadog for real-time metrics, logs, monitors and dashboards
- PagerDuty for alerting
- Golang for smaller, stand alone services
- React, HTML & CSS to create UI for internal purposes
Before we shake hands:
- You must have at least 2 years of experience with PHP web applications development and knowledge of at least one MVC framework.
- We can teach you plenty you haven’t learned yet, however, we are expecting you to work independently and self sufficiently.
- Our team is always open to learning something new.
- Knowledge of SQL, GIT, HTTP protocol and experience with testing techniques.
- React or TypeScript is an advantage.
- Ability to communicate in English, we use it on a daily basis.
We offer you
•Besides a motivating salary, we offer quarterly bonuses dependent on the company’s overall results and your own performance.
•We also enjoy benefits, such as meal vouchers, 20+5 days vacation, Cafeteria program, sick days, VIP Medical Care, multisport card.
•Flight vouchers to celebrate your kiwi anniversaries.
•Occasional work from home and/or our modern office located in ZET Nová Zbrojovka where you can enjoy sauna, gym, masseur, sleeping spots, canteen, showers, chillout zones, Rebelbeans coffee, garage spaces.
•Hardware from Apple or Microsoft based on your preferences.
•Relocation package (including visa support).
•We offer unlimited contracts within a forward-thinking and ambitious company.
•Dogs, kids, and parties are welcome in our offices.
•Grow.Kiwi program which supports parents and keeps them engaged with the company.
Interested? Join us and hack the traditional ways of travel!
Kiwi.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.