Are you interested in being a part of Kiwi.com
data transformation? Do you want to build a software used by tens to hundreds of developers in their day to day job ? Our data team is building a rock solid platform for improving and easing the job of data engineers, analysts, scientists and developers as well. Consisting of small and custom libraries to huge infrastructures. You can be the one leading the whole initiative!
What will you do
- Lead the team full of skilled engineers, do regular 1:1, individual development plan
- Identify the needs for new hires, actively participate in hiring
- Plan and design the strategy for data products, set the vision and focus that all will followBe a technical role model for the whole team, lead with example, bring new technologies that ease up their work and automatize what we canIm
- plement (if you need/want) core algorithms and examples for best practicesEvangelize data to the whole company – its purpose, technology used, its advantages
- Regularly update and clearly communicate on the team achievements and main projects progress
- Communicate with internal customers, provide them reasonable estimates and find out about their problems
What do we expect
- 4+ years of full-time, industry experience in software development
- Broad knowledge of different types of data storage engines – (non)relational, row/column oriented dbs.
- Hands on experience with at least 2 of them – e.g. postgres, mysql, bq/redshift, elastic
- Experience with orchestration tools
- Advanced query language (SQL) knowledge
- Experience with leading a team of 5+ people
- Rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices
- Cloud Knowledge – Google Cloud (best fit), AWS, AzureBS/MS in Computer Science or a related field (ideal)
We offer you
•Besides a motivating salary, we offer quarterly bonuses dependent on your performance and the company’s results.
•We also enjoy benefits, such as meal vouchers, 20+5 days vacation, sick days, Multisport card.
•Flight vouchers to celebrate your kiwi anniversaries.
•Work from home and/or our modern office located in Zuckermandel where you can enjoy sleeping spots, chillout zones, free refreshments, parking for car/bicycle/motorbike.
•Dogs, kids, and parties are welcome in our offices.
Interested? Join us and hack the traditional ways of travel!
Kiwi.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.