As a Security Lead for the blue team, you will be responsible for leading a chapter of cloud security engineers. You will be responsible for their growth and helping them perform to the best of their abilities. You will also be responsible for the overall defensive security strategy of our applications and infrastructure.
- You are responsible that your reports deliver high quality work. You maintain quality of solutions and assert that team-wide and company-wide guidelines are followed.
- You maintain a strong relationship with your reports, assuming responsibility for their personal development in technical and soft skills. You are responsible for the general well-being of all team members. You action their concerns to the best of your ability, escalating when required.
- You help your team members make technical decisions and involve technical experts when these decisions involve higher scopes. You share your technical expertise regularly.
- You develop the defensive security strategy for applications and infrastructure across the organisation, while conducting continuous market research of cloud security products and open-source tools.
- You participate in security war games to find risks and strengthen our security, and Monitor security events and respond to security incidents.
- You manage 3-8 security engineers.
- 3+ years of experience within Cyber Security, preferably at least 1 year in a people-focused role.
- Demonstrable expertise in securing IT systems and services, preferably cloud-based (Google Cloud Platfom).
- Coding/scripting skills, preferably Python or Go.
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code tooling, e.g. Terraform / Ansible / Pulumi.
- Knowledge of web authentication principles such as JWT, OIDC, or mTLS
- Strong sense of ownership
- Ability to work with vague/incomplete instructions
- Confident communication skills
- Fluent English
We offer you
•The opportunity to join our Phantom Stock scheme.
•We also enjoy benefits, such as flexible working hours, 25 days vacation, sick days, Gym membership, private medical care, protection benefit, pension benefit, dental insurance, life insurance, Employee Assistance Program.
•Flight vouchers to celebrate your kiwi anniversaries.
•The latest version of Hardware from Apple or Microsoft based on your preferences.
•We give our employees a freedom to choose between the environment of work from home and our modern office located in a coworking space in Chiswick Park.
Interested? Join us and hack the traditional ways of travel!
Kiwi.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.