Kiwi.com enables millions of people to travel daily by disrupting the decades-old ways of traveling. We are focused on delivering a meaningful experience on a mission to make travel accessible to everyone globally.
As a Product Design Lead, you will join our Shopping Experience team (search & booking). You will be responsible for connecting the dots amongst teams and initiatives, displaying a commitment to design excellence in their work, and influencing others by identifying the key metrics for the projects you are involved in and taking ownership to achieve their success.
You will collaborate closely with product managers, engineers, marketing, researchers, writers, product designers, and data analysts with a mission to improve both the user and customer experience of Kiwi.com
‘s digital products and services across digital, physical, and human touchpoints.
Success in this role is measured by cross-team evaluation, quality of the user experience, including the business impact, consistency, and ease of use.
- Collaboratively work alongside a team of experienced designers, writers, and researchers keen to help each other make the solutions that delight our users and inspire the team to challenge the status quo.
- Deliver solutions focusing on a great user experience while balancing company goals, design cohesion, and ease of implementation.
- Create simple, intuitive experiences in a domain with complex workflows.
- Build a deep understanding of user needs and business objectives
- Proactively take ownership of initiatives, collaborate with other designers, and work with multiple launches across the product life cycle.
- Build strong relationships with engineering partners, product teams throughout the design process and implementation.
- Drive all aspects of design execution from discovery to prototyping to validation to the outcome.
- Collaborate on roadmap definition and prioritization with Product managers.
- Investigate, understand, consolidate and communicate qualitative and quantitative insights throughout the design process.
- Participate in design reviews, giving and appropriately receiving feedback.
- Design with scalability in mind and actively contribute to our Orbit design system and guidelines.
- Have a deep understanding of design systems and interaction patterns to ensure brand, visual and interactive cohesion across products, platforms, and scenarios.
- Inspire the entire team (including your cross-functional) partners by bringing new ideas to the table to do their best work.
- Document decision making through foundational deliverables (e.g., journeys, user flows, decision trees)
- Lead the creation of a discovery and foundation process to set expectations and accountability.
- Conduct regular 1:1 meetings with assigned Product Designers.
- Participate in product, team, and personal goals set up with Product designers and actively provide regular feedback and evaluation.
- Work with assigned Product designers on their personal development and 360 evaluations.
- Foster the environment which supports and improves good team health.
- Actively participates in the hiring process.
Who you are
- 6+ years as a Senior Product Designer and/or Design Lead and a portfolio showcasing interaction and problem-solving skills on consumer-facing products (all platforms), especially in categories like e-commerce, growth, and engagement.
- Experience with leading a team of designers.
- A systems thinker, able to optimize complex information architecture and extend and improve existing design patterns across platforms.
- Experience creating and using design systems.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills to articulate goals and your concepts and drive alignment with your cross-functional stakeholders.
- Experience working in fast-paced environments.
- An excellent eye for detail demonstrating creative and innovative problem solving with leadership skills.
- Flexible and comfortable with ambiguity and change.
- Experience with iterative design process motivated by group critique and evaluated by validation.
- Experience with leveraging qualitative and quantitative research methodologies, translating insights into product design iterations.
- Relying on metrics and data when making decisions.
- Goal-oriented with a willingness to learn.
- You have a portfolio demonstrating your professional design capabilities and your design process.
Why it is worth it
- You will work on a unique digital product and service that disrupts the modern travel industry. The product serves hundreds of thousands of visitors a day.
- In our team, you will work with diverse groups of designers, researchers, and writers from various backgrounds and cultures (including the USA, Spain, Netherlands, Zimbabwe, Malaysia, and many others).
- Our design team is empowered and supported by the entire company.
- We have a lot of flexibility and independence while tackling our customers’ problems.
Sound like you? Get in touch
For us, being a member of the design team means solving problems. We research, prototype, test, and iterate. Get in touch if you feel that your background, experience, and enthusiasm are a natural match. Together we’ll solve problems for travelers around the world.
We look forward to meeting you.
We are always looking for product designers at multiple seniority levels. Based on our discussion during the hiring process, we will agree on which level you fit best within the Kiwi.com
Please consider that without attaching your portfolio to the application or CV, you most likely won’t be considered.
We offer you
•Besides a motivating salary, we offer quarterly bonuses dependent on the company’s overall results and your own performance
•We also enjoy benefits, such as meal vouchers, 20+5 days vacation, Cafeteria program, sick days, VIP Medical Care, multisport card.
•Flight vouchers to celebrate your kiwi anniversaries.
•Occasional work from home and/ or our modern office located in Karlín where you can enjoy sleeping spots, chillout zones, free refreshments, parking for car/bicycle/motorbike.
•Hardware from Apple or Microsoft based on your preferences.
•Relocation package (including visa support).
•We offer unlimited contracts within a forward-thinking and ambitious company.
•Dogs, kids, and parties are welcome in our offices.
•Grow.Kiwi program which supports parents and keeps them engaged with the company.
Interested? Join us and hack the traditional ways of travel!
Kiwi.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.