Booking Backend is the customer-facing order management system of Kiwi.com. Highly available, demanding architecture for developers who can thrive working on the integration backbone. Booking Backend manages the base booking orders, as well as all additional purchases (baggage, seats, insurance, etc.) – and maintains consistency in the customer experience – be it on mobile, desktop, or using a partner application.
We understand the codebase is always changing and therefore enforce clean code, code reviews, and automated testing. As we deploy multiple times per day, QA testing, real-time monitoring, and alerting is an inevitable part of our release process. We often refactor parts of code/product that are slowing development down but also focus on being able to deliver new features – to be innovative and deliver value to our customers. Within the team, we try to spread knowledge and collaboratively work on top priorities to avoid hero syndrome – preventing bus factor. We are not afraid to try new technologies and approaches.
- Design, develop, integrate and deploy high-quality software aligned with user needs and business goals – finding a balance between business needs and technical excellence
- Write and review performant code – debug, profile and optimize apps – adhering best practices
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Take ownership of domain/service crossing several teams/services – healthy architecture, testing, monitoring and documentation
- Lead and mentor less experienced colleagues
- Actively promote & support continuous learning approach within the team and department, demonstrating a positive attitude
- Collaborate closely with other internal teams, as we are transforming our way of work into full-stack functional teams (squads), with close cooperation of backend, frontend, UX teams, and product managers to deliver desired features.
- Professional experience working in a product-driven environment
- Independent and self-driven personality
- Ability to write distributed, high-volume services
- Ability to deploy and operate services using docker
- Deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms
- Care about quality and understanding what ship high-quality code means
- Ability to communicate professionally in English
- Time management
We offer you
- The opportunity to join our Phantom Stock scheme.
- We give our employees the freedom to choose between the environment of work from home and our modern office located in ZET Nová Zbrojovka with an in-house gym, masseur, sleeping spots, canteen, showers, chillout zones, free refreshments, Rebelbeans coffee, garage for cars/motorbikes/bicycles.
- We enjoy benefits, such as meal vouchers, 25 days of paid vacation, Cafeteria, sick days, VIP Medical Care, Multisport card, Makro Cash & Carry Card, Employee Assistance Program, and career development framework.
- The latest version of Hardware from Apple or Microsoft based on your preferences.
- Unlimited contracts within a forward-thinking and ambitious company.
- Relocation package (including visa transfer support).
- We’re rewarding Kiwis with flight vouchers to celebrate their Kiwi anniversaries.
- Grow.Kiwi program which supports parents and keeps them engaged with the company.
- Dogs, kids, and parties are welcome in our offices.
Interested? Join us and hack the traditional ways of travel!
is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.