Are you interested in helping us to build the mirror of the world of travel? Read on. We’re the developers tribe inside Kiwi.com in charge of building the pillars of everything that’s directly related to incoming and required data. We connect hundreds of sources in order to allow our customers to get the best price on the market every time they feel the urge to travel. There are moments we fail, but we fix things asap even in streaks of high and unexpected demand.
What are we doing?
- We are hackers, we disrupt the world of travel, so our customers can fly for less
- Keep our data fresh as much as we can
- Highly scalable services that have to handle several thousands of requests per second
- We are passionate about new technologies and we like our stack to be modern. With that mindset, we develop services and applications that are directly or indirectly related to data collection, and that are highly available, with little to no room for errors, huge space for improvements and new ideas.
What can you learn here?
- Cool new technologies and how to take a new service from an idea to production, including software design and testing. We can extend your knowledge with business logic from data-collecting domain by:
- Worldwide data-sources acquiring
- Bot detection workarounds
- How carriers pricing works
- The secrets behind the search for trips and their purchase
What do we expect from you?
- Experience with data-mining or connecting to external services
- Write stable, maintainable, (and well tested code – we love tests but some of our services can not be tested O:))
- Python experience – at least two years
- Comfortable with Linux
- Knowledge of Docker, CI/CD, (and AWS or GCP)
- Experience with relational databases and Redis
- Code design patterns
- Microservices best practices
- Passion for quick and deep learning – not afraid to experiment, fail, learn and eventually succeed
What we’ll consider as an asset?
- In our stack, we have SQL (Postgresql) and NoSQL (ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Redis)
- Kubernetes as container manager
- Familiarity with some of the technologies we use: Kafka, Datadog, Scylla, ELK stack
- You’ve been building webpages or android applications recently
- Cryptography basics
- Familiar how networking protocols work (HTTP, TLS, DNS)
Why it rocks to work for us?
- We deploy immediately after a job is completed, not after months of QA.
- Do, fail, learn – repeat! We understand that mistakes happen and we learn fast.
- We decide which cutting-edge technologies are appropriate for the task.
- We code at hackathons and other competitions.
- We support the local technological community.
- We visit and speak at conferences and technological events worldwide.
- We use our work time wisely with a friendly vacation policy and work schedule.
- We also like to party and hang out together.
- We work, play, relax, workout and even nap in our offices.
- We’re a great team of passionate and fun-loving people from across the globe who you’ll love working with.
- We look forward to you joining our team-buildings and parties!
- Salary starting from 2500 EUR gross depending on relevant experience and skills.
We offer you
•Besides a motivating salary, we offer quarterly bonuses dependent on the company’s overall results and your own performance.
•We also enjoy benefits, such as meal vouchers, 20+5 days vacation, sick days, multisport card.
•Flight vouchers to celebrate your Kiwi anniversaries.
•Flexibility to work from home.
•Hardware from Apple or Microsoft based on your preferences.
•Relocation package (including visa support).
•We offer unlimited contracts within a forward-thinking and ambitious company.
•Grow.Kiwi program which supports parents and keeps them engaged with the company.
Interested? Join us and hack the traditional ways of travel!
Kiwi.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.