No, don’t worry, we are not accountants, but developers. More precisely we are the developers Tribe inside Kiwi.com
in charge of building the pillars of everything that is directly related to money, and because of that the services we build have a specific set or rules that might not be as mandatory in other areas. We can’t fail, even in streaks of high and unexpected demand.
What are we doing?
Do not think that because we are working with finance we will be using COBOL – we are passionate about new technologies and we like our stack to be modern, we are using Python 3.6/3.7. With that mindset we are developing services and applications that are directly related to finances, highly available and with a little to no room for errors:
• Payment gateways communication and negotiation
• Fraud detection and ways to minimize it
• Tools for claims and finance departments
• We are even building a duck robot
What can you learn here?
Cool new technologies and how to take a new service from idea to production, including software design and testing. We can extend your knowledge with business logic from finance domain by:
• Worldwide payment acquiring
• How credit cards (virtual), alternative payment methods, 3DS work
• Fraud detection
• What is behind invoicing and payment reconciliation
- Write stable, maintainable, and well-tested code (trust us, it takes much longer to fix consequences than write actual tests)
- Fluent in Python
- Comfortable with Linux
- Knowledge of Docker, CI/CD, and AWS or GCP
- Experience with relational databases and Redis
- Code design patterns
- Microservices best practices
- Self, quick and deep learning – not being afraid to experiment, fail, learn and eventually succeed
What we’ll consider an asset
- Experience with static analysis tools
- Familiarity with some of our technologies: Flask, SQLAlchemy, AWS, PostgreSQL, coala, Datadog
- Awareness of serverless technologies
- Passion for ducks tests and typing
Why it rocks to work for us?
- We deploy immediately after a job is completed, not after months of QA.
- Do, fail, learn – repeat! We understand that mistakes happen and we learn fast.
- We decide which cutting-edge technologies are appropriate for the task.
- We code at hackathons and other competitions.
- We support the local technological community.
- We visit and speak at conferences and technological events worldwide.
- We use our work time wisely with a friendly vacation policy and work schedule.
- We also like to party and hang out together.
- We work, play, relax, workout and even nap in our offices.
- We’re a great team of passionate and fun-loving people from across the globe who you’ll love working with. We look forward to you joining our team-buildings and parties!
Salary starting from 2 000 EUR gross depending on relevant experience and skills.
We offer you
•Besides a motivating salary, we offer quarterly bonuses dependent on your performance and the company’s results.
•We also enjoy benefits, such as meal vouchers, 20+5 days vacation, sick days, Multisport card.
•Flight vouchers to celebrate your kiwi anniversaries.
•Work from home and/or our modern office located in Zuckermandel where you can enjoy sleeping spots, chillout zones, free refreshments, parking for car/bicycle/motorbike.
•Dogs, kids, and parties are welcome in our offices.
Interested? Join us and hack the traditional ways of travel!
Kiwi.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.