Who are we & What do we do?
- We are Search Backend – the team being responsible for Kiwi.com’s search engine, pricing engine, and data. The Engine we develop provides clients with the best available travel content matching their criteria at a rate of thousands of requests per second.
- The majority of our work involves Python. However, we have started rewriting some of our most prominent services to Golang. Also, we use data about searches to build extensive datasets for further analytical purposes using data warehouse concepts.
What do we use?
- We code in Python & Golang
- We maintain the code using GitLab and deploy using its CI/CD
- Our deployments are running on Kubernetes (GKE)
- We extensively use GCP products (Pub/Sub, Google Cloud Storage, BigQuery, CloudSQL)
- We use NoSQL databases – Redis, ElasticSearch
- To ensure nothing goes wrong we monitor our service using Sentry & Datadog
Who are we looking for?
- You are an experienced Golang and/or Python developer.
- You are able to write optimized code as the performance matters.
- You are a reliable team player willing to help other teammates.
- You can think out of the box and proactively seek for improvements.
How do we work?
- No blame culture
All of us make mistakes and we try to ensure that we learn from that and do not repeat the same mistake in the future. Each major incident is addressed in the postmortem to improve the process.
- Fail fast, learn fast
When delivering a new business feature, we implement the MVP version in the first place to prove the business case. Afterward, we aim for a proper technical solution. We try to avoid nitpicking.
Our aim is to provide you with enough context so that you can act independently. Most of our workload is organized in Jira but you aren’t limited to strictly defined tasks. We encourage you to come up with your own solution to the problems and will support you in cross team cooperation. We don’t like micromanagement.
- No question is stupid
We promote a safe environment within the team to make sure you will feel comfortable to ask any questions or raise any concerns since day 1.
- Help other teammates
As no one is a specialist for all directions, we believe that knowledge sharing is the key to team’s success. We encourage you to ask questions and we support you to pass technical knowledge and domain knowledge on more junior team members. We help each other if needed.
- Releases & deployment process
We rely on fully automated CI/CD pipelines that allow us to release/rollback versions as often as we need – with a single click. We like canary releases.
- 3 years or more of professional experience in software development.
- Very good knowledge of Python or Golang.
- Nice to have: Knowledge of data warehouse concepts
- Experience with cloud based deployments, especially using Kubernetes.
- Experience with PostgreSQL, Redis & ElasticSearch.
- Experience with distributed messaging systems (e.g. Kafka, GCP PubSub),
- Experience with monitoring and error tracking systems such as Sentry, Datadog
We offer you
•Besides a motivating salary, we offer quarterly bonuses dependent on the company’s overall results and your own performance
•We also enjoy benefits, such as meal vouchers, 20+5 days vacation, Cafeteria program, sick days, VIP Medical Care, multisport card.
•Flight vouchers to celebrate your kiwi anniversaries.
•Occasional work from home and/ or our modern office located in Karlín where you can enjoy sleeping spots, chillout zones, free refreshments, parking for car/bicycle/motorbike.
•Hardware from Apple or Microsoft based on your preferences.
•Relocation package (including visa support).
•We offer unlimited contracts within a forward-thinking and ambitious company.
•Dogs, kids, and parties are welcome in our offices.
•Grow.Kiwi program which supports parents and keeps them engaged with the company.
Interested? Join us and hack the traditional ways of travel!
Kiwi.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.