What is the FinTech Tribe about?
We deal with all the monetary flows in Kiwi.com. More precisely, we are a Tribe of developers, payment specialists, business & data analysts and product magicians inside Kiwi.com in charge of building the pillars of everything that is directly or indirectly related to payments in Kiwi.com. Payments from our customers, payments to airlines and travel agencies, preventing fraudulent behavior, anything you can imagine in that matter, we’re involved.
Why is it fun?
Imagine we want to allow customers from all around the world to buy airline tickets, with ease, using all the payment methods available in different countries, with low costs, with speed, reliably, securely … We’re integrating payment gateways, modern payment methods like Revolut, fraud prevention systems, we’re trying to invent a smart routing mechanism between all those options. We’re passionate about modern tech stack currently based on Python 3.6–3.9, we’re striving for CI/CD, we’re trying hard to turn (already) complex system architecture into something we can simply maintain and reason about. We don’t apply only development skills, we need to analyze options, understand difficulties of payment processes, understand security risks, speak to various 3rd party service providers, tightly collaborate with our beloved FinTech specialists who know so much about the world of payments, we need to closely monitor and operate our systems, our job is tough! … and that is the fun 🙂
What can you learn here?
- Cool new technologies and how to take a new service from an idea to production, including software design and testing. We can extend your knowledge with various aspect from the finance domain, including:
- Worldwide payment acquiring
- How credit cards (virtual), alternative payment methods (ApplePAY, Revolut, etc.), 3DS work
- Fraud detection, different types of fraudulent behavior
- What reconciliation means and why is it so difficult
- Write stable, maintainable, and well tested code (trust us, it takes much longer to fix consequences than write actual tests)
- Be very attentive to details, be good at catching bugs early (keep in mind that the cost of error is high)
- Be fluent in Python
- Be ready to work with different libraries, programming concepts and Python versions
- Feel comfortable with LinuxBasic understanding of Kubernetes, CI/CDExperience with relational databases (both plain SQL and ORMs) and RedisGeneral knowledge about microservices and OOP design patterns
- Ability to quickly learn on your own – not being afraid to ask questions, experiment, fail, learn and eventually succeed
What we’ll consider an asset
- Experience with public cloud environment like GCP, AWS or Azure
- Familiarity with some of our technologies: Flask, Falcon, FastAPI, Connexion, Celery, SQLAlchemy, PostgreSQL, Datadog, K8s, Docker
- Passion for duck tests and typing
What’s it like to work at Kiwi.com?
- Distributed engineering teams
- We’re trying hard to be “practically agile”, typically using some version of Scrum (two weeks sprints, standups, planning, retrospective, refinements) or Kanban. Team can decide to a large extent about it’s own way of working.
- Fully remote or onsite work in one of our locations: Prague, Barcelona, Brno, Split, Bratislava, Košice.
- Direct cooperation with Product Managers, Fintech specialists, QA, UX/UI and other engineering teams.
- Daily releases and delivery.
We offer you
- We give our employees the freedom to choose between the environment of work from home and our modern office located in ZET Nová Zbrojovka with an in-house gym, masseur, sleeping spots, canteen, showers, chillout zones, free refreshments, Rebelbeans coffee, garage for cars/motorbikes/bicycles.
- We enjoy benefits, such as meal vouchers, 25 days of paid vacation, Cafeteria, sick days, VIP Medical Care, Multisport card, Makro Cash & Carry Card, Employee Assistance Program, and career development framework.
- The latest version of Hardware from Apple or Microsoft based on your preferences.
- Unlimited contracts within a forward-thinking and ambitious company.
- Relocation package (including visa transfer support).
- We’re rewarding Kiwis with flight vouchers to celebrate their Kiwi anniversaries.
- Grow. Kiwi program which supports parents and keeps them engaged with the company.
- Dogs, kids, and parties are welcome in our offices.
Interested? Join us and hack the traditional ways of travel!
Kiwi.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.