We are looking for a Senior Accountant who is responsible for complex accounting tasks and ensures that all the accounting deadlines are met in a timely manner and proper quality. As a Senior Accountant, you will support the Head of Accounting to ensure accounting and tax compliance. You will have ownership over and responsibility for assigned groups of accounts and perform more complicated accounting analysis. Furthermore, you will prepare and book month-end entries and will be driving or cooperating on cross-departmental projects. Last but not least, you will assist other departments with accounting related issues and mentor less experienced colleagues. If you are an experienced accountant, we believe we have something to offer!
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Support the Head of Accounting to be able to complete assigned accounting tasks within given deadlines
- Actively participate in internal controls execution and improvement of accounting processes, policies, and reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for assigned groups of accounts and review the reconciliations of junior colleagues.
- Monitor month-end closing process and ensure that all tasks are delivered on time
- Liaison with external auditors, regulatory agencies, advisors, accounting teams of other entities, and various internal stakeholders.
- Actively participate in the audit and consolidation process.
- Support accounting-wise new cross-departmental projects on as on needed basis.
- Be ready to mentor and share knowledge with less experienced colleagues.
We would like to see you apply if you have:
- 3 – 4 years of relevant experience in finance (accounting/audit/reporting)
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles, CZ GAAP and at least theoretical knowledge IFRS
- Minimum bachelor degree in economics, ideally in finance/accounting
- Advanced English communication skills (B2/C1) and speak fluent Czech/Slovak
- Advanced proficiency of Excel and experience working with accounting software as Netsuite/Pohoda/SAP etc.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build and enhance relationships across teams
- Solution-oriented personality and can co-create atmosphere conducive to continual improvements.
- A self-motivated spirit who can work proactively and efficiently on both individual and team assignments, and do understand the ownership of assigned tasks
- An eye for detail and a bright, analytical mind who is always very well organized and possesses a powerful ability of prioritization
- Persistent and independent strong ‘can do’ attitude
- At least some experience of leading/mentoring junior colleagues or you can imagine to do so because you are happy to share your knowledge
Things that we offer and you might love about us:
We like to think we are a fun bunch to work with, and you will get to see how a young, vibrant yet global company disrupts the travel industry.
You will work in one of the most promising tech companies (awarded Forbes Startup of 2017, Super-brand Award 2017, Deloitte Technology Fast 50 – the fastest growing technology company in Central Europe), and we will give you:
- Quarterly financial bonuses dependent on overall company performance,
- Meal vouchers and flexible benefits scheme (contribution to leisure time activities) and free Multisport card,
- Extra 5 days of paid leave,
- Three sick days per year,
- Annual flight credit vouchers and optional VIP Medical Care,
- A very friendly work environment where dogs are welcome, and which offers free refreshments, gym, fitness courses, sauna, and relaxing zones.
We are a great team of passionate and fun-loving people from across the globe who you’ll love working with. We look forward to you joining our team buildings and parties!
This role is only open to candidates eligible to work within the EU. Kiwi.com is unable to provide work visa sponsorship for this role.