Apache Airflow, Dataflow, Apache Beam, Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, Kubernetes, Google Cloud, BigQuery, GCP AI Platform – have these buzzwords taken your attention? We may be looking for you!
We’re building a Data Products team under our Data Platform team. One of the main responsibilities of the team is to manage Data Lake, consisting of transactional data from our booking as well as stream of events from our frontend. You will be implementing parts of it, focusing on automatization to the highest extent possible. Which includes implementing batch pipelines to incrementally load data as well as implementing streaming pipelines.
- Write code (heh), probably in python/scala/go
- Design and implement company data lake from transactional and streaming data
- Write ML algorithms and get AI to production to actually have an impact on our product
- Identify weak spots, refactor code that needs it during development
- Optimize code and usage of 3rd party services for speed and cost effectiveness
- Regularly update and clearly communicate with the team about your progress and struggleson call / slack duty
- 2+ years of full-time, in relevant position
- Broad knowledge of different types of data storage engines – (non)relational, row/column oriented dbs.
- Hands on experience with at least 2 of them – e.g. postgres, mysql, bq/redshift, elastic.
- Experience with orchestration tools (Airflow best fit)Experience in big data processing engines – Apache Spark, Apache Beam and its cloud runners Dataproc/Dataflow – welcomed
- Knowledge of ML/AI algorithms like OLS and Gradient Descent and its application from linear regression to deep neural networks
- Advanced query language (SQL) knowledge
- Working with batch and real-time data processing
- Strong coding skills – Python or Scala (we use both though)
- Rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices
- Cloud Knowledge – Google Cloud (best fit), AWS, Azure
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related field (ideal)
Why it rocks to work for us?
- We deploy immediately after a job is completed, not after months of QA.
- Do, fail, learn – repeat! We understand that mistakes happen and we learn fast.
- We decide which cutting-edge technologies are appropriate for the task.
- We code at hackathons and other competitions.
- We support the local technological community.
- We visit and speak at conferences and technological events worldwide.
- We use our work time wisely with a friendly vacation policy and work schedule.
- We also like to party and hang out together.
- We work, play, relax, workout and even nap in our offices.
- We’re a great team of passionate and fun-loving people from across the globe who you’ll love working with.
- We look forward to you joining our team-buildings and parties!
- Salary starting from 2 500 EUR gross depending on relevant experience and skill.
We offer you
•Besides a motivating salary, we offer quarterly bonuses dependent on your performance and the company’s results.
•We also enjoy benefits, such as meal vouchers, 20+5 days vacation, sick days, Multisport card.
•Flight vouchers to celebrate your kiwi anniversaries.
•Work from home and/or our modern office located in Zuckermandel where you can enjoy sleeping spots, chillout zones, free refreshments, parking for car/bicycle/motorbike.
•Hardware from Apple or Microsoft based on your preferences.
•Relocation package (including visa support).
•We offer unlimited contracts within a forward-thinking and ambitious company.
•Dogs, kids, and parties are welcome in our offices.
Interested? Join us and hack the traditional ways of travel!
Kiwi.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.