We are looking for a Senior Controller to support the Head of Controlling to ensure completeness and accuracy of financial records. In this role, you will take an active part in establishing financial policies, procedures, controls and you will keep subsequently enforcing them. The role also involves working on the budgeting processes and monitoring that budget objectives are met by analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Support the Head of Controlling to be able to complete assigned controlling tasks within given deadlines,
- Monitor P&L performance, analyze variances, and propose cost efficiencies,
- Calculate complex accounting estimates and provisions based on established methodologies,
- Oversee execution of internal controls, report findings, and advise on corrective actions,
- Engage in cross-department cooperation in order to improve financial processes and policies,
- Actively participate in the audit and consolidation process as well as liaison with external auditors, regulatory agencies, advisors, Kiwi.com accounting team, and all other internal stakeholders,
- Assist in preparation of ad-hoc analyses and reports for management,
- Be ready to coach and share knowledge with less experienced colleagues.
What “must have” qualities are we looking for?
- Ideally, 3 – 5 years of relevant work experience in finance (controlling, reporting, audit) and proven track record of knowledge of CZ financial standards and IFRS,
- Great attention to detail with the ability to undertake data analysis as there will be crunching a lot of numbers,
- Strong analytical mind with good business acumen and ability to think critically and ask relevant questions at the right time,
- We are a company of many cultures and we expect only candidates with excellent written and spoken English skills (level C1),
- Advanced proficiency of MS Excel and Google Sheets as they are our daily bread,
- A University degree in Finance or a similar economics field will help succeed here for sure!
Which qualities are really “good to have” for this role?
- Definitely the ability to transform data into insights and convey information into a clear and concise message,
- To be a highly independent, persistent, proactive, solution-oriented, and reliable person with a “can-do” attitude,
- You know how to deliver outputs on-time in agreed manner and quality and in general to be ready for the fact we move fast here, so great time management and prioritization skills are the key,
- Excellent communication skills as we need someone who is happy to build and enhance relationships inside and across teams.
Furthermore, “nice to have” would be:
- Experience in e-commerce and/or travel industry because it will help you to understand the company with a big portfolio of innovative products and partnerships way faster,
- At least some experience of leading/mentoring junior colleagues or you can imagine doing so because you are happy to share your knowledge.
What’s in it for You?
You’ll get to shape a team of great importance in a fresh and global company and multinational environment. You’ll help us disrupt the travel industry and make the travel better as only “the Sky is the Limit”.
On top of that you can expect:
- Freedom to try new things and unleash your ambitions
- Competitive package including bonuses
- Meal vouchers, flexible benefits scheme, 3 sick days, extra 5 days of paid leave, annual flight credit vouchers, dog-friendly office, multisport card, etc.
- A friendly work environment and work schedule when you will be master of your own time with possibilities of remote work
Kiwi.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.