The Mission of Senior Data Designer is to define, develop & maintain data transformation layer across all data domains within kiwi.com
, establish best practices for building data models and ensure standardization for overall data transformation and management. Senior Data Designer will be working closely with Data Platform, Business Analysts, and the rest of the Data Intelligence team to implement data modeling solutions to streamline and support company information management.
What will you do?
- Elicit business data requirements, identify data sources, and required data elements, perform data validation and integration activities.
- Translate business data needs to specific technical requirements and tasks.
- Take responsibility for the whole ETL/ELT solution and design new sustainable solutions from the ground up.
- Oversee the data warehouse, source system tables, and transformations necessary for intelligent reporting, thus ensure that business users have access to reliable data which are essential to make informed decisions.
- Work in conjunction with the Data Engineering to build scalable and manageable data intelligence solution.
- Diagnose data quality issues using formal problem-solving techniques and probe underlying issues to generate potential solutions.
- Act as a stand-in for the Team Lead and help with onboarding and mentoring of your colleagues.
What do we expect?
- 5+ years of relevant experience in the area of business intelligence, data analytics, or data engineering
- Deep understanding of data integration tools, ETL/ELT processes, data modeling concepts, and data warehouse architecture
- Experience with DWH platforms like Google BigQuery, Snowflake, Azure Data Warehouse or MS SQL Server
- Excellent knowledge of database principles, strong proficiency in SQL and programming languages used for data manipulation and data analysis
- Inquisitive, analytical problem-solving mindset
- Fluent English
Things that we offer and you might love about us:
- We believe we’re a fun bunch to work with, and you will get to see how a young, vibrant yet global company disrupts the travel industry. You’ll work in one of the most promising tech companies (awarded Forbes Startup of 2017, Super-brand Award 2017, Deloitte Technology Fast 50 – the fastest growing technology company in Central Europe).
- We visit and speak at conferences and technological events worldwide.
- We use our work time wisely with a friendly vacation policy and work schedule.
- We also like to party and hang out together.
- We work, play, relax, workout and even nap in our offices (complete with sauna, gym, masseur, sleeping spots, canteen, chillout zones, free refreshments, etc).
- Dogs, kids, and parties are welcome in our offices.
- We also enjoy common benefits, such as meal vouchers, flexible benefits scheme, sick days, VIP Medical Care, flight vouchers, multisport card, etc.
- Besides a fair salary, we can also look forward to quarterly bonuses dependent on overall company performance.
- We’re a great team of passionate and fun-loving people from across the globe who you’ll love working with. We look forward to you joining our team-buildings and parties!
- Salary starting from 2 500 EUR gross depending on relevant experience and skills.
We offer you
•Besides a motivating salary, we offer quarterly bonuses dependent on your performance and the company’s results.
•We also enjoy benefits, such as meal vouchers, 20+5 days vacation, sick days, Multisport card.
•Flight vouchers to celebrate your kiwi anniversaries.
•Work from home and/or our modern office located in Zuckermandel where you can enjoy sleeping spots, chillout zones, free refreshments, parking for car/bicycle/motorbike.
•Dogs, kids, and parties are welcome in our offices.
Interested? Join us and hack the traditional ways of travel!
Kiwi.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.