Are you interested in being a part of Kiwi.com
data transformation? Do you want to build software used by tens to hundreds of developers in their day to day job? Our data team is building a rock solid platform for improving and easing the job of data engineers, analysts, scientists and developers as well. Consisting of small and custom libraries to huge infrastructures holding terabytes of data. You can be part of the whole initiative!
Of course, with building our platform we need to be sure we provide tooling that is still able to produce high-quality data. You can also be part of building the metadata service that collects all the metadata available in the company. We’re leveraging this data to automatically monitor data quality and automatize change management as well as.
If you are interested to work on such projects and push the limits of software and automatization, you are the ONE we are looking for! If you love to experiment and build on top technologies like airflow, write python apps or anything else from the open source world come to see us!
What will you do?
- Develop and automate large scale, high-performance data processing systems (batch and/or streaming) to drive Kiwi.com business growth
- Build scalable data platform products leveraging Airflow scheduler/executor framework
- Work with modern cloud data stack on GCS, Pub/Sub, Kafka, BigQuery, Postgres, Looker
- Build scalable, reliable, secure, efficient and highly performant platforms and infrastructure for a variety of analytics and business applications
- Contribute on data pipelines tooling to implement and extend its functionality using Python such that all users of the framework benefit from it.
- Contribute to shared data engineering tooling & standards to improve the productivity and quality of output for data engineers across the company
- Improve data quality by using & improving internal tools to automatically detect issues
- Own big data problems, understand all underlying infra systems and platforms, and work towards improving resource requirements SLOs
- ..and have fun!
What do we expect?
- 5+ years of full-time, industry experience in software development
- Broad knowledge of different types of data storage engines – (non)relational, row/column oriented dbs. Hands on experience with at least 2 of them – e.g. Postgres, MySQL, QB/redshift, elastic
- Experience with orchestration tools as Airflow best fit (nice to have)
- Advanced query language (SQL) knowledge
- Working with batch or real-time data processing
- Strong coding skills in Python (preferred)
- Rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices
- Cloud Knowledge – Google Cloud (best fit), AWS, Azure (nice to have)
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related field (ideal)
Why it rocks to work for us?
- We deploy immediately after a job is completed, not after months of QA.
- Do, fail, learn – repeat! We understand that mistakes happen and we learn fast.
- We decide which cutting-edge technologies are appropriate for the task.
- We code at hackathons and other competitions.
- We support the local technological community.
- We visit and speak at conferences and technological events worldwide.
- We use our work time wisely with a friendly vacation policy and work schedule.
- We also like to party and hang out together.
- We work, play, relax, workout and even nap in our offices.
- We’re a great team of passionate and fun-loving people from across the globe who you’ll love working with.
- We look forward to you joining our team-buildings and parties!
We offer you
•Besides a motivating salary, we offer quarterly bonuses dependent on the company’s overall results and your own performance.
•We also enjoy benefits, such as meal vouchers, 20+5 days vacation, Cafeteria program, sick days, VIP Medical Care, multisport card.
•Flight vouchers to celebrate your kiwi anniversaries.
•Occasional work from home and/or our modern office located in ZET Nová Zbrojovka where you can enjoy gym, masseur, sleeping spots, canteen, showers, chillout zones, Rebelbeans coffee, garage spaces.
•Hardware from Apple or Microsoft based on your preferences.
•Relocation package (including visa support).
•We offer unlimited contracts within a forward-thinking and ambitious company.
•Dogs, kids, and parties are welcome in our offices.
•Grow.Kiwi program which supports parents and keeps them engaged with the company.
Interested? Join us and hack the traditional ways of travel!
Kiwi.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.