At Kiwi.com, technology is at our core and data drives our decisions. We help you find and book cheap itineraries via our technology, checking all available routes, their combinations and identifies the best deals to make travel accessible and empowers you to curate travel experiences. We are one of the fastest growing technology companies in Central Europe.
We are looking for a Senior Engineering Manager for the Booking fulfilment organisation and our mission is to build a large-scale processing platform with the aim to maximise stability, scalability and sustainability by securing smooth order processing.
You will manage, coach and develop one or more engineering teams, ensuring the development of both the individuals and the team(s) as a whole are in line with organisational objectives and direction. You will be responsible for highly reliable and scalable services. In addition to this, you will collaborate with platform-product leaders and key stakeholders to drive engineering design, feasibility, compliance, and fast time-to-market for new and existing products.
- Develop initiatives and processes for automation to drive business goals, objectives, and programs by analysing data and evaluating key business components to assess current performance baselines, identifying gaps, opportunities, and improvements for automation.
- Establish and lead the automation at Kiwi.com and Lean Centre of Excellence as a centralised operation across cross-functional domains by providing education, best practices, standards, and resources.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance on automation solutions: Stay abreast of leading automation technologies and serve as a knowledge expert on their effective use-case application for solutions.
- Stay up to date on industry trends around anti-bot and anti-fraud technologies, open source development and dev ops processes, mentoring team on innovation, modern design and service engineering.
- Help define Technical Roadmap and be responsible for the entire product delivery end to end.
- Work very closely with various business partners to drive the execution of multiple business plans and technologies.
- Lead others by exemplifying growth attitude, inclusiveness, collaboration, and customer happiness.
- Mentor, coach and grow engineers.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Business Management, or a similar field.
- 8-10 years of technology leadership experience managing engineering teams.
- Strong ability to solve problems, troubleshoot, analyse processes, resolve issues, and communicate effectively with senior business and IT stakeholders.
- Experience with automation at scale managing transactional customer flow will be an added advantage.
- Ability to understand and design technical specification documents.
- Familiarity with Agile software development lifecycle and tools (e.g. Jira).
- Experience leading and coordinating code reviews and unit testing to ensure quality of automations.
- Effective time management skills with a track record of meeting deadlines on complex initiatives .
- Experience building and interfacing with APIs .
- Strategic thinking and big picture orientation/business acumen with strong interactions with key stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills and ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels in the organisation and with external credibility.
- Has an innovative, agile, and high-performing teaming mindset.
We offer you
- The opportunity to join our Phantom Stock scheme.
- We also enjoy benefits, such as meal vouchers, 25 days vacation, sick days, Multisport card, Employee Assistance Program.
- Flight vouchers to celebrate your kiwi anniversaries.
- We give our employees a freedom to choose between the environment of work from home and our modern office located in Zuckermandel where you can enjoy sleeping spots, chillout zones, free refreshments, parking for car/bicycle/motorbike.
- The latest version of Hardware from Apple or Microsoft based on your preferences.
- Relocation package (including visa transfer support).
- We offer unlimited contracts within a forward-thinking and ambitious company.
- Dogs, kids, and parties are welcome in our offices.
- Salary starting from 5040 euro/month gross (depending on seniority level).
Interested? Join us and hack the traditional ways of travel!
is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.